Atkins?

Candeegal
on 9/25/11 12:40 pm

So, I have been researching the Atkins diet. I had my Lap band on 9-14-11 and I am trying to be ready for the long term diet I will be on. What diets do you all follow? Anything specific? Anyone doing Atkins? Thanks all! I love this support group. My questions are always answered and you all are always so much help :)

Hislady
on 9/25/11 1:37 pm - Vancouver, WA
You will probably find people doing every kind of diet plan there is WW, Atkins, South Beach and everything in between. The main thing is to pick something you can live with that involves lots of protein. Myself I really like the Atkins type diets because carbs are my devil and this pretty much eliminates them. So find one you can work with and most important stick with it. Good luck to you!
dianeg49
on 9/25/11 3:31 pm
I agree with His Lady. Try to find something that feels like a life style change to you. I had WLS to give up the diet roller coaster. I am very sensitive to carbs, I look at them and they jump on my hips. So An Atkins like life style works best for me
Good Luck!
Dianeg49            
vlp1968
on 9/25/11 8:54 pm
I ate a lowfat/lowcarb/high protien diet. I feel Atkins is too high in fat. I eat eggs, lots of lean protien (fish, chicken, prokloin) and veggies. I snack on lowfat cheese sticks and 1/4c nuts. Also, let me put in a plug for excersise. It really is a huge piece of the puzzle. Good luck!
Iam_with_the_Band
on 9/25/11 9:12 pm
South Beach is good!  It's lower fat than Atkins.  However. I always lose well on Atkins too.
Do what you can do the rest of your life.  I am a carbaholic and very sensitive to them, so I live the Carb-free life with added fruit once a day. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active