so yep im SOL and cant swallow my own spit

chilliebabie
on 9/29/11 2:44 am - SCOTTSBLUFF, NE
ok so I had a newbie dr give me a fill yesterday and she talked me into getting more of a fill than i wanted i figured well shes the dr  so lets try it.....yea bad bad idea!

I have called the drs office 3 times this morning already and boy oh boy am I one upset cookie to deal with right now. During my appointment yesterday I had to drink a little cup of water and i was fine until i got home. As soon as i made it in the door i lost my water. I thought maybe I had somethin stuck and it would be ok in a hour or so.

well 2 hours later (convienently after the doctors office has just closed) I got myself some tea. 2 drinks into it and yep same as water I lost it. After trying everything I could think to drink last night hot and cold nothing has worked. Every 20 mins I get sick because I cannot swollow my own spit even. Calling the doctors office has made no difference today all I hear is well the dr is in surgery and we have no one else avalible to do unfills either so you are going to have to wait til tomorrow or possibly monday.

Seriously? After complaining about being sooo thirsty, im tired, I swear my skin is dry and just feeling like crap i swear im already dehydrated i havent been drinking much lately in the past week anyway and it seems they really dont care up here. Also, the nearest place besides my hospital to get this done is a 5 hour drive OMG!

So i thought i would come on here to vent and see if anyone else has been in this situation and offer me any ideas to try and make it through til tomorrow or monday whenever they feel like getting me in.

thanks in advance for any ideas or responses :)
Lisaizme
on 9/29/11 2:57 am - TX
 I'd go sit in that doctor's office and stay there until they did something for me!!
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

steelerfan1
on 9/29/11 3:02 am
I agree with Lisa, I would not wait till Monday or even tomorrow if it was me . I would march right into that waiting room and tell them you wont move till you see a doctor and if they refuse I would tell everybody in that waiting room what is going on . I know I would do that because I would be in a pissed off mood already and I would let everybody know it !!

Most docs have a back up doc  / nurse that can do unfills. 

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

crystal M.
on 9/29/11 3:06 am - Joliet, IL
You will end up in the emergency room.  Who can go till Monday with no fluids??? 
Tooty
on 9/29/11 3:16 am - Germantown, TN
Get your Butt back into the office NOW......Most surgeon's only do 3-4 per day...make them call his ass down after surgery!! 

It can't wait!! 

Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
vlp1968
on 9/29/11 3:52 am
My doc. has come into the office inbetweeen surgeries to do an unfill for me. It is an emergency situation and they need to know that and respond to it as such. Hope you feel better soon!
Hermosa L
on 9/29/11 3:57 am
You probably get swollen after a fill as well some people are worse than other.. I get very swollen after a fill so I can only get fills in small increments and I have to be on liquids the rest of the day and mushy food the next .. untill the swelling goes down

I agree with the everyone else you need to make them see you and my only other suggestion is sucking on popiscles that helped me.
chilliebabie
on 9/29/11 4:06 am - SCOTTSBLUFF, NE
well ive called again and no one will come into the office... i went to the ER well they call this particular dr office and still no one will help me out I got sent home to wait. I tried ice chips but cant keep nothin down and still every 15 mins i get sick on my own spit....needless to say im pretty helpless and i guess it dont really matter around here so nothing left to do  but wait

Banded 12/20/07 - Greeley CO -14 cc APL - 15 fills/unfills so far - 10.7 ccs

steelerfan1
on 9/29/11 5:13 am
On September 29, 2011 at 11:06 AM Pacific Time, chilliebabie wrote:
well ive called again and no one will come into the office... i went to the ER well they call this particular dr office and still no one will help me out I got sent home to wait. I tried ice chips but cant keep nothin down and still every 15 mins i get sick on my own spit....needless to say im pretty helpless and i guess it dont really matter around here so nothing left to do  but wait
If they are refusing to help you I think you will have no choice but to make that five hr drive to get unfilled.

You just cant go all weekend  living like this .  And I would be finding another doctor ASAP.

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/11 9:30 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On September 29, 2011 at 11:06 AM Pacific Time, chilliebabie wrote:
Change the title of this thread to your surgeons name along with a negative comment in the title, then give the link to THIS thread to his unsympathetic office staff and see how fast they get you in.

Most Active