lets talk about girdles

thiknena19
on 10/27/11 3:54 am - bronx, NY
i lost some weight now about 25 in 4 weeks :) and people are telling me to get a girdles to add to the shaping! my worries are: would the tightness affect my port? is it tru i need the girdle?
i have a nice shape and im slimming down alot around my tummy which is awesome :) so where do i get this girdles and which one is best?

abandster
on 10/27/11 4:41 am
This is where I buy my girdles and bras.
http://www.onestopplus.com/Plus-Size-Clothing.aspx?DeptId=11 542&affiliate_id=021&affiliate_location_id=01&WT.srch=1&mid= 38416826

And I think if you mention my name (LaWanda Hill), I'll get free shipping on my next order. 

But do go over there and take a look.  They have all kinds of sizes and some very good prices.

LaWanda
tripmom02
on 10/27/11 5:13 am - NJ
 I don't wear any kind of girdle b/c they are SO restrictive and really uncomfortable, but I found some really great shapewear/constriction tanks that work wonders to just smooth stuff out under t-shirts and tighter fitting clothing, I love them and they are not uncomfortable in the least! 

These are the one's I wear, I like them b/c you can wear your own bra and they slim the tummy, back and hips! 

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/intimates/shapewear/torso_backslimming/PRD~642523/Maidenform+Control+It+BackSlimming+Camisole++12405.jsp

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

abandster
on 10/27/11 5:35 am
Update:

Here's the info I just read on the girdle site:

Refer a Friend

Product Image

REFER A FRIEND AND YOU'LL BOTH SAVE

Tell your friends about OneStopPlus.com® and you can both SAVE $10 off any order.

If you have a friend, or friends who have never ordered from OneStopPlus.com, simply enter their names and email addresses below and we'll email each one of them a OneStopPlus.com $10 e-Gift Certificate to use with their first purchase from us. For each friend *****deems an e-Gift Certificate, we'll email a OneStopPlus.com $10 e-Gift Certificate to you to use toward your next purchase from us. There's no limit to how many friends you can refer, and you'll receive a OneStopPlus.com $10 e-Gift Certificate for every referral that results in a purchase. All e-Gift Certificates must be redeemed within 2 years of the date they were emailed. It's easy!

So, if anybody wants to send me their email privately, please do and we'll both benefit. 

And I buy the girdle that comes up above you waist and comes up over part of my midriff.  Otherwise, I have muffin top!!!

LaWanda

P.S. - in case you don't know, click on my name or picture and you'll go to my blog.  There you'll see the option to "send message" and it will come to me privately.
Jo 1962
on 10/27/11 7:28 am, edited 10/27/11 7:32 am - NearHouston, TX
These are my new best friends when it comes to keeping things all in place...for much less. I get these at Target for about 16 dollars. 
 Its made by Spanx.   Editted to add that this is the most comfortable "girdle" I've ever worn. I can wear it all day and feel great.  I was told to get one size bigger than the chart on the package recommends. I must have 5 or 6 or these things in different styles.

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

Jordiesmama69
on 10/27/11 9:21 pm - Roscoe, IL
I wear ones by Flexees brand, they have a few styles but you wear your own bra with them, they come down long enough and do not roll up, its amazing what they do for extra lose skin! I have lots! Over 250 pounds gone left quite a mess behind LOL I get them at Kohls but you could look online as well!
thiknena19
on 10/28/11 7:39 am - bronx, NY
I HAVE SOME GIRDLES FROM WHEN I WAS 3X NOT THAT IM SMALLER I NEED NEW ONES. OVER THE YEAR THO I HAVE BECOME TO HATE THEM OVER THE YEAR FROM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE WITHOUT ONE :/ HUBBY HATES IT 2 :/ IDK IF I CAN TAKE IT FOR A WHOLE DAY WHEN I FEEL SO FREE NOW....

THANX GUYS, HERE I GO TO BUY GIRDLES AGAIN :P
MARIA F.
on 10/28/11 4:23 pm - Athens, GA

I got one of the Slimpressions from the Atl. WLS Meet & Greet. It's awesome! A lot of the WLS'ers wear these. I don't have a problem with it irritating my port. It's comfortable, and "squishes" me in very well.

This is the one that I got:

slimpressions.com/product/tanks-little

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active