almost

nikkizca
on 12/6/11 10:28 am - Temecula, CA
Okay I'm almost to my goal of 131, I'm at 142 but i went to the doctor today just couldn't take it anymore acid reflux, heart burn not being able to eat or drink keeping it down and feeling horrible in general. so i got 1/2 cc taken out and what a difference I can eat and drink, doctor told me I was right at the edge of being to where i needed to be but little things like weather air pressure, can send you over not sure why but all is good i just have to pay more Attn to my band and eating drinking. he said i might gain alittle just because i can drink again . so so happy. if your at a point plz don't mess around go get some taken out i was miserable not fun i have so much energy today. amazing
Hislady
on 12/6/11 12:24 pm - Vancouver, WA
Thanks for posting this, unfortunately too many people think the band is supposed to be painfl and keep you from eating and drinking that way. That's the best way to ruin a band and cause serious problems down the road. You'll be much more comfortable now.
Lisa O.
on 12/7/11 12:31 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Good to hear from you and congratulations on almost making goal.  I'm soooo happy you! 

You were smart to get the slight unfill.  It's just not worth risking your band and your health in general.  A too tight band is not the answer to WL and is often counterproductive because it generally causes us to turn to slider foods and liquid calories. 

Take care!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Wendybrum
on 12/7/11 8:24 am - Oceanside, NY
 I am not as close to goal but had similiar symptoms and got 3/4 taken out it was a relief. 
I did go up a few lbs. But i was eating and drinking again. I am going for a tiny fill tomorrow.
good luck
Wendy

Most Active