Having My Band Removed

jessielynn0521
on 3/10/12 12:02 am - Ronkonkoma, NY
Sorry I have been MIA since around Christmas time.  I have had one issue with the band after the other and after seeing the surgeon yesterday we decided that on the 19th the band is coming out.  I could not be happier.   Hope you all are doing well  will try to catch up on as many posts as possible     Hugs

Jessica

amyc
on 3/10/12 12:22 am - Jacksboro, TN
Revision on 02/28/12
After being banded for almost 7 years I had my band out last week.   Sorry to hear about your troubles.   Are you having a revision?    I revised to the sleeve.   So far so good.  I've not had the first hunger pain!
Good luck!
Amy

jessielynn0521
on 3/10/12 1:03 am - Ronkonkoma, NY
So glad you are feeling better   I was only banded 6 months but it was 6 months of pure hell!  I am going to revise to bypass  I am not 100% certain how long they are making me wait I think the surgeon said 3 months.

Jessica

MARIA F.
on 3/10/12 2:10 am - Athens, GA
On March 10, 2012 at 8:22 AM Pacific Time, amyc wrote:
After being banded for almost 7 years I had my band out last week.   Sorry to hear about your troubles.   Are you having a revision?    I revised to the sleeve.   So far so good.  I've not had the first hunger pain!
Good luck!
Amy

Amy have you joined the FB failed band group yet?

FormerlyFluffy.com

Nic M
on 3/10/12 2:58 am

Best of luck with your sleeve, Amy! 

What kinds of problems did you have with your band, if you don't mind sharing?

I hope the sleeve is a perfect fit for you!
~Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

amyc
on 3/12/12 2:24 am - Jacksboro, TN
Revision on 02/28/12
Nicci,
My biggest problem was the band was either too tight or too loose.   I went in July to get it tightened and found out that it was actually already too tight & had dilated my esophagus.   I had an unfill.  Went back 3 months later, and could only have a very small amount of fluid added before the barium started refluxing.   I had no idea the band had slipped until after revision surgery.   My surgeon told my Mom that my band was "slipping".   Not for sure if that was her words or his.   I'm going to ask him the next time I see him what was going on.
I hope the sleeve is a perfect fit too!
Thanks,
Amy

Nic M
on 3/12/12 3:24 am
Hi Amy,

My band was always too tight, no matter what. And it twisted my stomach into a Figure 8 configuration, which was horribly unpleasant, to say the least!

Wishing the best for you with the sleeve. From what I've heard, the sleeve does what the band purports to do... without the pain and the fills and unfills.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

MARIA F.
on 3/10/12 2:10 am - Athens, GA

Hugs! I've been reading your posts. Sounds like 6 months was 6 months too long! :-( Come join us on the FB failed band group. Lots of us there with failed bands!

FormerlyFluffy.com

jessielynn0521
on 3/10/12 2:17 am - Ronkonkoma, NY
I am already on there

MARIA F.
on 3/10/12 2:30 am - Athens, GA

That's great Jessie! OH is a good resource, but when you've got a failed band it's great to have a lot of nonjudgemental support from bandsters/former bandsters that have been through the same thing.

Hope your band removal goes well!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active