BOB's?

dawn4511
on 4/8/12 11:34 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Hello
I was wondering if any of you are Band Over Bypass peeps? If so has it been success and are you glad you did it? I'm also wondering what it cost you?

Thanks
Dawn

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Vivian Prouty
on 4/8/12 10:33 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Hi Dawn,

Not sure if you will find any BOB's here on this forum.   You may try the regular RNY or Revision boards.    BTW....Carnie Wilson ( daughter to Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys ) had BOB done in Dec. or Jan. and I heard on the news that she had lost 30 + lbs. since then.    It is just like any other surgery....if you work it as it is designed it will work for you.   Good luck on your decision and your revision.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Bette B.
on 4/8/12 11:56 pm
 There are several around, but they don't post very often. You may also want to scroll down to a similar post that was from a few days ago . . . 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

heathercross
on 4/9/12 12:17 am - New York, NY
 Hey Dawn:

I had a BOB in June.  Please check out my profile, also click my "friends" list as they all have had BOBs too.  I am thrilled with it as I have restriction, no appetite and have lost close to 60lbs. I am only a few lbs from my post-RNY weight 183-189 and my NEW goal is now 175, heck maybeeven 150.  

I have a large band, 14cc, and I curently have 9cc of fluid in my band.  My last fill was the beginning of February and I am down 9lbs since that time, I saw my dr on Friday.

Its very different than the RNY, I eat far less, but, whatever I want and a lot slower.  Send me a message if you want to talk offline.

Heather
[email protected]

Nikki4381
on 4/9/12 1:30 am - NJ
Hi Dawn, like others have said before there are a few...and I am one also. (funny it seems like I always post after Heather lol) 

To answer your questions, I have had success with it and am so happy I did.  I dont know about other BOBsters, but reading about Carnie this am kind of made me feel better in a weird way... almost like ok so its more common than I thought :)  My complete surgery was 15k... but I would have to say for me, it was worth every penny, even though Ill b paying my parents back forever lol . It was deff something I needed to do to save me from stumbling backwards  into the obesity abyss all over again.  Any other questions, dont hesitate.

Goodluck!!
Nikki
tthomps3
on 4/9/12 9:28 pm
Dawn,
My Buddy Bob and I get along really well. I am so very happy that I made the choice to not fall back into obesity H@&&. I have lost 90 pounds and am 40 pounds less than my lowest weight with RNY. I have stayed about the same plus/minus 3 pounds for the last year. My insurance covered it 100%. I have Humana. Life is GOOD!
Tammy

Most Active