Pain where the port is

mercedes66693
on 8/15/12 12:06 pm
Hi everyone doing better today with the hunger I was just wondering tomorrow will be a week since my surgery which i can't believe.  I'm still have some pain where the port is is this normal?  I just want to make sure I didn't do anything to myself when I got sick the other day.

Also another question for you I lost about 13 pounds before my surgery came home and had gained 9 pounds back I'm finally down to my starting weight before sugery but a little frustrated that I gained weight when i went into the hospital is this a normal thing?  I was thinking I'd come out at least a few pounds thinner.  Thanks for all the advice love this site

Melissa
grannymedic1
on 8/15/12 1:03 pm - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
I am glad you asked these questions. The port pain is normal. remember you have had an incision that takes some time to heal. It takes a while but gets less uncomfortable as you go. I had my worst times if I reached high or low or stretched in any way. I was constantly bumping it, too.

As for the weight gain; this is likely due to fluid being held on to from your IV's. It is absolutely normal though the amount varies. This will go away soon, too. Don't worry about losing right now because you just need to heal. Keep up the good work.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

-Mari-
on 8/15/12 2:33 pm
Yes, the pain stays there, the longest. Don't worry about WL, you are in your healing phase, just follow the rules and the weight will come off. I used to get frustrated, but knew I was doing what the Dr said, nothing else I could do, and it did come off. Good luck!!!
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
mercedes66693
on 8/15/12 4:44 pm
thank you lady's it's wonderful being able to get answers on here and not feeling so alone.
I really appreciate all the imput
Bette B.
on 8/15/12 7:23 pm
 Yep. Again - normal. It's the biggest incision and not only is it stitched closed by the port itself is stitched to muscle. It'll get better.

Glad to hear that your hunger has been better as well!

Oh! And BTW - I gained three pounds in the hospital post-op! 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Most Active