band removed

eclares
on 1/19/13 4:06 am - savannah, ga

Hi everyone! I had my band removed last friday and am doing fairly well.  I have a lot of scar tissue so if fills like i have a port.  Only lost 30 pounds and I had a lot of problems with it, so thats why i had it removed.  I had a question for others who had theirs removed.  I had a glass of wine last night and was so nauseated I couldnt even fini****  Was the liver somehow compromised because of the removal? Thanks!!! Clare

pineview01
on 1/19/13 4:36 am, edited 1/19/13 4:36 am - Davison, MI

It isn't your liver it is your stomach. The stomach is swollen from the trauma of having the band and scare tissue removed. You may have adhesions on other organs. Also the bands can permanently damage to the stomach.  I’m 4.5 months out from having my band removed.  I was drinking some water and it stuck in my throat just like the band was there.  I have a photo of what it looks like after the band is removed, funky.

If you want to know what really went on in there get a copy of the surgery notes.  That was how I found out the liver had adhesions.

Check out the failed band group.  You can add your story there and gain lots of info. 

Take care!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

eclares
on 1/20/13 6:10 am - savannah, ga
Thank you for the info! Kinda scared what I'm gonna find out about my poor beat up insides!! 😱
eclares
on 1/20/13 1:18 pm - savannah, ga
Thanks for all the information! So glad we have this site to meet other people who have the same problems! My stomach was reasonably flat and now I look like Im 5 months pregnant!!!! I have probably done to much too soon! Good luck with your journey!!!
Stephanie M.
on 1/19/13 6:30 am

I'm sure the OP did not cause her band damage due to drinking.  Your post was unkind.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

pineview01
on 1/19/13 10:07 am - Davison, MI

Steph are you talking about my post or was there another.  Just wonder as my post doesn't say anything about her damaging her band to drinking.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Stephanie M.
on 1/19/13 2:54 pm

No, not you...NBM was really snarky in her response.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Kate -True Brit
on 1/20/13 4:56 pm, edited 1/20/13 5:02 pm - UK

Don't understand, have checked by signing out and am not blocked. But can't see the post you are talking about.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

LilSleeved
on 1/20/13 6:36 pm

Kate, I don't see them either.  I logged out and checked too.  Odd, isn't it?

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

Kate -True Brit
on 1/20/13 6:41 pm - UK
Maybe removed by moderators?

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active