band removed

Stephanie M.
on 1/20/13 11:23 pm

Yes.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Stephanie M.
on 1/20/13 11:22 pm

Moderated post.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Nic M
on 1/19/13 5:42 am

Congratulations on getting the time bomb removed from your body. I hope you heal well and have no permanent problems at all.

I'd hold off on anything alcoholi****il you're fully healed. It's too hard for your body to handle alcohol after undergoing trauma. Even though you may feel okay, your stomach has been through the wringer. You'll most likely want to stick to more bland foods.

Take care.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

grannymedic1
on 1/19/13 6:04 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

Heal well, my friend. You will be quite swollen inside for a bit so don't push things.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Stephanie M.
on 1/19/13 6:28 am, edited 1/19/13 6:31 am

When you say last Friday, you mean the 11th, right?  A glass of wine a week after surgery probably wasn't the best choice.  Are you on any pain Meds?  Those can cause nausea, adding wine (acidic) would make it worse. Was it a straightforward removal or was it difficult (lots of scar tissue, etc)?

Ignore the snarky response you got....some people cannot understand that being kind and supportive is something completely different than what they posted.

I'm sure you received post op instructions for diet, follow that and if you have problems call your doctor.  There's a failed band group on Facebook and here, pm me for the links if you're interested.

Hang in there!

Edited to add:  I just checked your profile...you've been through a lot...hugs((()))

gorditabonita
on 1/19/13 10:47 am - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with

I had my band removed and I, too, like so many others had a lot of adhesions. I have never been able to drink much, but I had a drink 3 months after my band removal and it felt like normal. I wouldn't worry - like everyone said, your tummy is probably still healing and that's what caused the nausea.

I hope you feel better soon!!! 

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

Jean M.
on 1/19/13 8:20 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

Clare,

I don't think a damaged liver complains every time someone drinks alcohol. If it did, you'd think more alcoholics would get the message to stop drinking. But I do think that surgical trauma, remnants of general anesthesia, and pain meds can make you feel nauseated.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active