Back pain when eating after fill? Too tight ?

sheriberi29
on 9/25/15 7:09 am - Cleveland, TN

I just got a fill this morning and had a few sips of coffee after... No problems but full after. Had a bite of Popsicle and started feeling a really uncomfortable feeling in my back. Kinda burped up the Popsicle. Then a bite of soup broth brought the same pain. When the band is this tight, does it tend to loosen up after a few days bc I know it is a little traumatic of the stoma. Anyone else feel the back discomfort when tight 

Dejah H.
on 9/25/15 7:23 am - Central, TX

When I am too full or too tight, most of the pain I have experienced was in the center of my chest, but I can see where it would cause pain in the back as well. If you are having pain like that from only a few sips of liquid, you are WAY too tight.

In my experience, a fill will loosen up a little bit after the initial stomach irritation. However, if you cannot even drink a cup of coffee or eat a popsicle, it will not loosen up that much. I would advise having some of that fill removed. Especially with it being Friday, don't suffer over the weekend with a fill that is too tight. I hope you feel better!

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

sheriberi29
on 9/25/15 7:26 am - Cleveland, TN

Thank you so much for your fast reply

Nic M
on 9/26/15 9:34 am

It could be caused by the pressure your esophagus is experiencing while trying to push the food/ liquids down into the stomach. The nerves get pretty jumpy when that happens. I'd consider loosening up the band a bit so you don't damage those nerves or your esophagus. The band should never be so tight that it prevents normal swallowing function. 

Good luck. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Most Active