Anxiety about going back to work!

mistya
on 10/8/04 9:56 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Hello fellow LPN's or LVN's (CA and TX). I am 5 months post op and 90 lbs down. I have been out of work for almost 2 years due to back problems (spondylolithesis/spondyloarthropathies). Good news is I am not in anymore pain and would really love to go back to work. The funny thing is I am having anxiety over this. I have been out of work so long and I am feeling overwhelmed. I have worked in clinics, dialysis, and home care. I looked around the message boards and seen a lot of you work LTC and have 40 patients! Wow! Just thinking of it makes me have an anxiety attack hehe! I guess I am just needing advice or maybe I should go see a councilor about this. I am ready to get my life back on track. I have been sheltered and it's time for me to step out but once I get to the door, I turn and run. Also, has anyone experienced nervous energy after their WLS?? It was nice to meet everyone and I will let everyone know when I take the plung and look for work Thanks, Misty
Kimberly G.
on 10/14/04 11:17 am - Aurora, CO
Hi MIsty Glad to hear that you are going back to work I used to work in a hospital and I had adverage of 6 patients so not to bad. Now I work at Kasier so it is not as bad on level of care needed but still buzy Nice to see a boad just for us kim
Nurse J.
on 10/17/04 5:47 am - Berne, IN
Dear Misty- I had my surgery on aug.11 and had major complications with my back also. I have rhabdomyolysis and have been off work 2 months and 3 days. I started back to work on Friday and it was good. I was a mess the day before because I was so nervous. I totally relate to your posting and I will pray that all is well for you at work. Let us know how it turns out. God Bless..... Barb from Berne, Indiana
Most Active
Recent Topics
LPN needing support
pennywardell12047 · 0 replies · 261 views
Graduate in December!!
janice2007 · 0 replies · 346 views
Surgery date!!!!
Annie1965 · 0 replies · 326 views
LPN to BSN ?
deniseiannucci · 1 replies · 658 views
LONGING TO BE! :)
SBATTLE · 0 replies · 384 views