Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Sarahlicious
on 2/4/15 10:30 pm - Portsmouth, OH

Hi,

I'm starting this post as a means to revive the conversation here and to create a space where we can openly discuss lymphedema, lipedema, and bariatric surgery. If you've had surgery or if you're considering surgery, I know there are many of us out there, and we can connect here and asked questions and share experiences.

So I'll start...

Sarah, from Ohio, RNY in 2003. Diagnosed with lymphedema in December 2001, and Lipedema in 2004.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

lippyleigh
on 2/11/15 3:54 am

I am Leigh From VA VGBS RNY 2009, Diagnosed with Lipedema and Lymphedema 2003, Ehler's Danlos in 2014

https://www.facebook.com/lippyleighjourney Visit my FB page

http://lippyleigh.blogspot.com/

berduboy
on 10/11/15 12:21 am

Hello,

My name is Kevin aka Berduboy and I was diagnosed with lymphedema in 2010. I had my RNY in 2011. I was fortunate that my lymphedema was caught early enough before it caused further damage to my left leg. With physical therapy, compression stockings I was able to keep the swelling down and promote natural fluid draining. If anyone has any questions, please ask and I will be happy to share my experience with you all.

Sans1966
on 11/20/16 8:07 am - las vegas, nv
VSG on 03/13/13

Hello! My name is Sandra Dee, residing in Las Vegas since December 2013. I had Gastric Sleeve surgery March 2013 and lost 200 pounds after weighing in at over 600! I got formally diagnosed in December 2015 with Lymphedema and two months ago, Lipedema. I was told that Lipedema is hereditary. I had all of this excess skin in my thighs and stomach and my thighs and stomach are now huge...I still have excess skin between my legs slowly filling up! I just cry all the time in pain! I was so happy to be able to go to Kohls and get my Jennifer Lopez dresses off the rack! Now, my clothes are getting tight again due to 75 pounds of fluid buildup!

I am doing treatments finally!

Ludimay-may
on 5/29/18 10:41 am
VSG on 06/30/18

Hi, i'M Lindsay from Dublin, Ireland.

i have primary Lymphedema, officially diagnosed in 2005, and i'm Awaiting bariatric sleeve surgery

Most Active