Hi, New to the board-married 25 years

Terrie C.
on 6/26/06 6:48 pm - Endwell, NY
Hi all, I am new to the board and thought i would introduce myself. I have been married 25 years to a wonderful man who I love greatly. We will be re-newing our wedding vows on the beach in Fl to celebrate our next 25 years together. We will also be celebrating the new healthier me. I had surgery April 26, 2006 which I am sure you know by the info on the top of this post. I am doing great feeling great and very happy this is the choice I made. It took me 4 years of trying other ways to decide to do this so both my husband and I were really ready when the time came for the surgery. He has been very supportive the whole way. I have however noticed some slight changes in him since my focus as shifted from being ill to being healthy. I just don't think he knows what this means yet or totally trust that it is different this time. He says he is feeling lost and a little like he can't get his barings. I can relate I feel a little like I walked into a knew world myself. We do talk alot about what is going on in our lives and in our thoughts. We also both have people outside our relationship we can turn to for support. He has his friends and I have mine which is also helpful as long as we also talk with one another. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all. Terrie 366/316/ goal 165
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/06 10:22 pm - SC
Seems like we are always trying to figure out the changes..a constant. We really can't see ahead on what's to come, but I understand where you are coming from..I think when I stop focusing on myself and my weight loss, act more normal on the day to day routine that MY husband enjoys..things are GREAT. But, let me put on a new, sexy looking outfit, step on the scale in front of him, or gab about how I'm doing in front of him or to him..he sinks..It just gets his mind to that "Place" of worry and wonder.. I'm sitting here in a pause..reflecting..and thinking, "what is to come", in the way of more changes.. No matter what, I know in my heart that the DH and I will get thru this journey just fine..I think after 25 years you will too. Welcome to the board, Terrie! Janet 248/165/155. 10 lbs to goal!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone around?!
Just Valena · 2 replies · 375 views
Nuvaring
Cruise Director Julie · 0 replies · 809 views
Unhappy Husband
N I. · 8 replies · 557 views
responding to my mother-in-law
Jennifer P. · 9 replies · 744 views