APPROVED

Mike P.
on 8/10/11 1:04 pm, edited 9/13/22 5:57 pm - WI

Bill B.
on 8/10/11 10:30 pm - NJ
Congratulations....

sjbob
on 8/11/11 1:49 pm - Willingboro, NJ
 Since you have been lurking, you know that you will continue to be responsible for your eating.  Be honest and let us know how you are doing.  You can see that many of the men have been faithful to the prescribed eating plan and exercising.  I did well in the first 18 months but started to "slip" even then.  So, I know that you are better off if you don't stray from your post-op plans.  Granted, we are only human and should not dwell on an occasional slip.

Your surgery will helfp you out with your medical conditions.  Remember to NOT stop any treatments without your doctor's approval.  I thought I didn't need my C-PAP a few months after surgery and my wife said I didn't have any of the hesitant sounds when it sounded like I stopped breathing at night.  My doctor was shocked 8 years later when I told him I didn't use the C-PAP.  I had to go for another sleep study ( I hate the goo they put in your hair!) and eventually had to go back to using the machine.  My doc said that not using it may have contibuted to my atrial fibrilation;  of course, I may have ended up with the a fib anyway.  Your surgery may not cure you of all of your ailments.  We do have to remember that thin people do get a lot of these illnesses also.  But your condition will be better after the surgery.

If you are like most of us, you can gain a lot from the support your get here.  I'm glad that you are becoming more vocal in our group.
Sam LifeNerd
on 8/12/11 3:12 am
On August 10, 2011 at 8:04 PM Pacific Time, M. P. wrote:
I called my INS company today and I was approved for RnY! I'm so excited, feels like I am getting my life back....I cant wait to go skiing again, amusement parks with my children, etc!  Hopefully will be off insulin for good! It sure feels good to be excited about something again!  A life that doesn't have to be centered around food! 

Thanks to the "regulars" for the posts.............Ive been reading them for the past year and they sure gave me hope and confidence. 

The never trust a fart....definitely good advice! lol
 Congrats!!

And thanks too...I had not thought about Snow Skiing until you mentioned it!  I used to love going, but as I got bigger I quit bothering.  Hmm.. might be able to hit the slopes next season!
JMANC
on 8/12/11 6:33 am
Congrats on your Approval! I'm at the same stage as you, my date is 8-31. It's a great feeling knowing that life is going to get better. 
John
Do not be afraid of tommorow; for GOD is already there.   ~ Author Unknown
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.             ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Michael P.
on 8/13/11 10:02 pm
Great News.  I can attest to the incredible journey you are about to embark on.  It will not be easy but gets easier with time.  I am six months out and am now doing things that I had given up on like riding amusement park rides.  I still have a way to go but know that I can get there now.  I am more active now than I have been in 20 years.  It is a great trip!  Sit back, buckle up and enjoy the ride!!
P.S.
Don't forget to start posting in the Sunday Morning Weigh In as your results, experiences and FARTs help to motivate others just like you!

9/9/09: Highest Weight: 506.5 lbs              9/20/10:  Tufts Start Weight: 492.4 lbs
2/7/11:  Surgery Wt: 462.5 lbs.                  9/16/12: Current Weight: 287.8 lbs.
4/15/12:  First 5K - BAA 5K - PR 35:49
ken_405
on 8/20/11 7:10 am - TX
Congrats Mike,

Whether waiting weeks or years, we all know how stressful waiting for that decision can be, so now thats over, you can focus on getting yourself ready... good luck.

Most Active
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 19 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 51 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 75 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 90 views