This Birthday is different..........

stoney5150
on 4/25/12 8:01 am
RNY on 03/26/12
Ok, today I turned 48 and it began like most of my other birthdays since I turned 30. I got up and went to work with not much thought given to another year being on this side of the grass but as the day went on I realized this was no ordinary day. Most years I'd reflect on my family and the things we've done the prevouis year and think about the upcoming year with always a little doubt whether I'd be here for the next one. I'd also say to myself "you better not be huge when you turn 50 because your family history is against you Stoney" and I'd know those odds would get alot worse as I went on each year with all this weight.  But, as the day went on and I would receive birthday wishes I found myself thinking a lot differently about what the next year would bring. Infact, I was down right excited thinking about it. I have to say alot of the excitement came from reading this board and thinking of how much so many of you have accomplished in just one year. It truly is amazing to see 200lbs lost or running a 5k or getting off all the meds or keeping the weight off by changing all the old habits. I really can't recall what I got on all my other birthdays but this year I got a RNY and it comes with hope, excitement and a new take on the future, none of which my usual birthday gift of a huge ribeye dinner and half a chocolate cake could ever give me. So this birthday really is different thanks to many of you!!!
Take care,
Stoney

Don 1962
on 4/25/12 9:23 am
For starters Happy Birthday!  (decaf tea)

The coming year will be to say the very, very least different.  You will ride some of the highest highs and tumble into the lowest lows.  It is part of the journey they don't tell you about at the seminars.  We'll understand you and we got your back.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Charlie S.
on 4/25/12 9:30 am
Happy Birthday!!!!  It will be fun "hanging' out with you over the next year to see how life has changed for you come next April...

HW:  429                     SW: 380                Height: 5'08"

billmacc7
on 4/25/12 11:49 am - MA
Hi Stoney,

Happy Bday brother!! As noted, you have given yourself the best gift..the gift of health!! You will also not have to spend so much time thinking about will I be here or not! Obviously we are all going to pass some day, but because of your choice to do WLS, your life TODAY and for the foreseeable future has been forever changed...Congrats!
Best,
Bill
dan434
on 4/25/12 5:22 pm - NJ
RNY on 05/22/12
Happy Birthday may your year be Blessed with lots of wt loos and good health!
Tim T.
on 4/25/12 8:52 pm - Eastham, MA

Happy Birthday Stoney,

My birthday is Halloween and I recall having similar thoughts. I may have actually went out and ordered the rib eye- but 5 bites later and I was DONE! Think about it.....

Tim T.

Brian K.
on 4/25/12 11:58 pm - MA
RNY on 04/23/12
 Happy Birthday Stoney! Congrats on your new- found life. Keep up the good work.
Andrew L.
on 4/26/12 3:11 am - Klamath Falls, OR
RNY on 04/11/12
Happy Birthday, hope your year is as exciting as you hope.
ACLakey's Bariatric Blog

Highest Weight 06/2011 = 370
Weight at Surgery 04/11/2012 = 328.8
Goal Weight = 230

lesserman
on 4/26/12 8:43 pm - Chicago, IL
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your birthday!!
Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 38 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 0 replies · 3 views
Recent Topics
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 0 replies · 3 views