A week of FARTS and a big WTF!!!!

stoney5150
on 9/9/12 4:15 pm
RNY on 03/26/12

Best week I've had in a long time! First I weighed in at 298 today!!! I haven't been in the two hundreds in forever and my only memory of being in the two hundreds was a visit to my PCP several years ago and after weighing it at 286 he said I could be a o-lineman for the Bears (you can tell it was a long time ago when an o-lineman was 286!). First, I was insulted he said the Bears and secondly it didn't impress me much back then because I blew past that all the way up to 434 several years later. Anyway that's my next goal is it to get to 286 and do some reflection heading the other way. That puts me at 96lbs since march 26th surgery and 126 since last December so I'll take that for sure for 9 months.

Another FART was yesterday I went to breakfast at a diner with a co-worker and the only seats open were at the counter on stools. I was like holy **** no way is this gonna work but I slid right in and had room to spare with the guy next to me!! Later that day I'm sitting in a chair leaning back relaxing and talking to my freind and  I look down and I had crossed my legs and hadn't realized it and was comfortable! Usually it's a lift the leg up on my knee to barely put a sock on but I must have just but the ol leg right up there! Then this morning I put on my belt and realized I've gone through 15 notches on two belts!

Overall things are going good. My last check up went well and I added some extra iron and B12 suppliments which has me feeling much better. I found out that I don't dump on sugar which scared the crap out of me at first but it acually has helped me mentally because I've had a couple sweets but I've changed my eating so much I really don't think about being able to eat sweets but now that I can I think about it even less. I've come to realize from watching people eat sweets at work like donuts, cakes or cookies that people eat them so fast (me included) that they literally get about 45 seconds of satifaction. Most people in my area who go in the break room and get something have most of it eaten before they get back to their work area in less than a minute. I value food too much now to slide some crap down my throat and not get anything out of it but get fat!!  

Now the WTF moment. I was at work talking to some co-workers and I'm pointing at a couple things above my head and moving back at forth and then I realize WTF!!!......I have bat wings!!! Oh it is back to the gym hitting the weights for sure!! I've been limited because of some major low back issues but I've gotten a lumbar shot and am feeling good enough to start doing some major lifting to get some muscle built back up. But I must say this surgey has done what I needed it to do and that is lose weight even if my back slows down my exercise because before I used get so stressed because I knew I couldn't take any time off if I wanted to lose weight so I'd just say suck it up and work out anyway which usually made it worse to the point where i couldn't do it anyway. (Somebody on the board please call me out on this in a couple weeks and see if I've followed through on getting back to the gym steady!!)

I check the board everyday looking for inspiration, good laughs and a few WTF's!
Take care
Stoney

Brian K.
on 9/9/12 4:42 pm - MA
RNY on 04/23/12
 Attaboy Stoney! You are the man! BTW, your "batwings" threw me for a moment... I've heard it used in a different way!
Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
Don 1962
on 9/9/12 5:15 pm
Way to stink up the joint!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Mike B.
on 9/9/12 6:19 pm
You are doing great Stoney, way to go. Congrats at reaching 298 today. It sounds like things are going your way and will continue to as well.
It's funny how things work now when we go out to eat; I use to hate trying to fit into a booth because the seat and the table were too close to each other (for me any how), now I find myself trying to pull the table closer to me.
It's great that you think of food in a complete different way now. I was one of those co-workers who would scarf down whatever was in the break room before I went back to my desk. Now, I'm feel the same way you do. It's just not worth it any more.
Good luck with getting back to the gym. Keep us all posted on your progress (remember, no slacking).

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

Tim T.
on 9/10/12 4:00 am - Eastham, MA
 The other thing I noticed when I was able to belly up in a restaurant booth is when I am finished my shirt is not covered with food stains anymore. The distance from the plate to the pie hole got much shorter!!

Andrew L.
on 9/11/12 12:01 pm - Klamath Falls, OR
RNY on 04/11/12
Congrats on the milestone Stony!!  Good to see you are posting and that things are going well.
ACLakey's Bariatric Blog

Highest Weight 06/2011 = 370
Weight at Surgery 04/11/2012 = 328.8
Goal Weight = 230

Michael P.
on 9/11/12 3:15 pm
 Great FARTS!!  Don't worry about the bat wings... They get better with exercise and time...  Amen Tim T. to the clean shirts.  I think we need to start the CSC - CLEAN SHIRTS CLUB.  To replace the CPC - CLEAN PLATES CLUB that we all grew up with!!

9/9/09: Highest Weight: 506.5 lbs              9/20/10:  Tufts Start Weight: 492.4 lbs
2/7/11:  Surgery Wt: 462.5 lbs.                  9/16/12: Current Weight: 287.8 lbs.
4/15/12:  First 5K - BAA 5K - PR 35:49
stoney5150
on 9/12/12 5:19 am
RNY on 03/26/12
Thanks Guys!!
It's a crazy journey but when you have a bit of a road map from learning so much on the board from what other guys are going through and have been through it helps a bunch.

Tim - I laughed on the shirt situation........ so true!!!

I gotta go through the closets this weekend for sure and see what else fits because my summer stuff is getting way to big. I need to do some pics soon just se see if I can see a difference.

Thanks again!
Stoney

Sam LifeNerd
on 9/17/12 8:11 am
 Congrats on getting back into the 200s!!  

Our local WLS groups call ourselves the flying squirrels from our "batwings!"  I am a proud member, that and I got the moobs too! (man boobs)

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 38 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 0 replies · 1 views
Recent Topics
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 0 replies · 1 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 38 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 71 views