Surgeon accepted me as patient, now jumping thru insurance hoops

tommy_rebel
on 3/5/13 9:22 pm - Pompano Beach, FL
RNY on 07/23/13
I joined OH years ago as I almost had WLS in 2002 and was trying again. I finally have insurance that covers it now and things are looking up! I could use some friends/encouragement as the only people I know IRL that had surgery were chicks and cannot relate to my issues.

Highest weight: 670
Current weight: 619
Pre-op Goal weight: 550
Goal Weight: 250 (snicker, yeah right)
Tommy 

"If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic." - Dr. Gregory House

Don 1962
on 3/6/13 4:58 am

Howdy Tommy!  Chicks just can't relate to jock itch!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Sam LifeNerd
on 3/6/13 5:43 am

Tommy welcome!!  I know the surgery teams often talk about 60-70% of excess weight loss, but even then, the low 300s compared to now would be a welcome change I am sure!?

Then..it really depends on our personal habits from that point.  

SO glad this is working out for you and wish you all the best in this journey!  There is no doubt in my mind that this will change your life forever.  Work the plan, build on good habits that you will form here and exercise as you are able and keep pushing yourself to go further!

http://community.crossfit.com/article/she-kept-showing

I really like this lady's story and think it is pretty inspirational and this is WITHOUT surgery!

Mike R.
on 3/6/13 8:51 am - Warner Robins, GA

Welcome back!  Good luck in working your way through the insurance quagmire.  Keep us posted and let us know if we can answer any questions.

- Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Mr_Cratchit
on 3/7/13 2:43 am - NH
Welcome back Tommy,

I went to GBP information meetings for ten years before I made the move and had my surgery. I look back at it not as "I should have done this sooner because I think I wouldn't have been as successful". Again, welcome back !

Brian K.
on 3/8/13 8:26 pm - MA
RNY on 04/23/12

Hey Tommy,

Welcome! Wishing you the best as you start your trip. Lots of friendly folks here to answer questions, we can relate!

Brian

Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
71dart
on 3/9/13 9:01 pm
VSG on 08/06/12 with
Good luck on your journey. There's a whole new life with new experiences ahead for you.

I'm thankful I figuratively found my balls and took the steps necessary to enjoy life again. Now I can literally find my balls.

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 38 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 0 replies · 4 views
Recent Topics
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 0 replies · 4 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 38 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 72 views