Newbe Introduction

brian11
on 8/11/13 9:40 pm

Been lurking and thought it was about time to introduce myself since I go under the knife later today.  I'm having DS in Mexico by Dr Aceves.  I know life will be changing and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions along the journey which I hope you guys will be able help me with.  My main concern is not losing the weight.  It's losing the weight only to regain it back which is why I went the extra steep for a DS.

Some general stats:

HW: 370 lbs

CW: 350 lbs

No previous surgeries, co-morbidities, no current medications, etc.

Married

Kids (boy and girl)

Living in Iowa

Wish me good luck

Brian

Mike R.
on 8/11/13 11:48 pm - Warner Robins, GA

Brian,

Welcome aboard!  You're in for the ride of your life.  Tighten your seatbelt, raise all seats and tray tables to their upright and locked position in preparation for takeoff!

A great group of guys are on here that will be happy to answer any and all questions/concerns.

Good luck!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

chulbert
on 8/12/13 1:16 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Good luck!

califsleevin
on 8/12/13 1:54 am - CA

Welcome to the club, Brian.

My wife is 8+ years out on her DS and has done well with it, down 200lb and holding. Of course, regain is possible with any of these procedures, but one has to work harder to regain with the DS - my wife wouldn't be able to maintain things as well with the RNY or VSG, so it was a good fit for her.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Don 1962
on 8/12/13 5:27 am

Dittos to what everybody else has posted already.  My best advice is in the siggy line! kiss

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

brian11
on 8/13/13 1:09 am

Just to let everyone know that I survived.  Not as bad as I expected, but I'm still a little loopy on meds.  Having a problem getting my eyes to focus, so this will be a short e-mail.

I have gotten up for a walk and taken a shower.  Just met with one of the Docs who told me I'm on morphine. 

I don't remember much from yesterday except them telllin me to lay on my back.  I typically sleep on my side.

Andrew L.
on 8/13/13 3:41 am - Klamath Falls, OR
RNY on 04/11/12

Welcome, your stats mirrored mine(except I am 10 years younger) I am 16months out and have been holding at 220-225lb for the past 4 months.  Talk with you soon.

ACLakey's Bariatric Blog

Highest Weight 06/2011 = 370
Weight at Surgery 04/11/2012 = 328.8
Goal Weight = 230

billmacc7
on 8/13/13 8:28 am - MA

Welcome to the Loser's Bench...Hold on for the journey of a life!!!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

brian11
on 8/13/13 11:11 am

I’m feeling much more coherent at the end of today than the being.  I even felt well enough to catch up on some work e-mails.  I wasn’t going to touch them till I knew my responses would make sense.  I am having a little more trouble typing than usual, but I always spell check.

I’m a private type person, so none of my coworker knows I’ve had surgery.  I figure I’ll tell them when it becomes obvious and I know everything is working the way it’s supposed to.  Kind of similar to when people let others know their pregnant. 

Stomach feels like I’ve been punched.  It’s not painful, but I can tell something was done to it.  I had the strangest feeling like I had film at the back of my thought.  It took me a will to realize it was my tonsils.  They either stretched them or the hose made them more sensitive. 

I have been up walking several times and sucking on breathing exercising machine.  They really haven’t given me guild line on how often other than as much as I feel up to.  I got a little worried earlier this morning when I was blowing as hard as I could and the balls wouldn’t move.

As far as what they’ve told me everything seems to have gone well and I’m on track recovering.

One more stat = 6 ft. 2 inch. in height

I’m feeling much more coherent at the end of today than the being.  I even felt well enough to catch up on some work e-mails.  I wasn’t going to touch them till I knew my responses would make sense.  I am having a little more trouble typing than usual, but I always spell check.

I’m a private type person, so none of my coworker knows I’ve had surgery.  I figure I’ll tell them when it becomes obvious and I know everything is working the way it’s supposed to.  Kind of similar to when people let others know their pregnant. 

Stomach feels like I’ve been punched.  It’s not painful, but I can tell something was done to it.  I had the strangest feeling like I had film at the back of my thought.  It took me a will to realize it was my tonsils.  They either stretched them or the hose made them more sensitive. 

I have been up walking several times and sucking on breathing exercising machine.  They really haven’t given me guild line on how often other than as much as I feel up to.  I got a little worried earlier this morning when I was blowing as hard as I could and the balls wouldn’t move.

As far as what they’ve told me everything seems to have gone well and I’m on track recovering.

One more stat = 6 ft. 2 inch. in height

brian11
on 8/13/13 11:13 am

Sorry about the double post.  Still trying to figure this blog out.

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 28 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 64 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 86 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 96 views