Happy New Year Sunday Weigh In

Don 1962
on 1/3/15 11:18 pm, edited 1/3/15 11:20 pm

Last week:  176.4

This week:  177.0

Did the delayed family Christmas yesterday.  Ate too much.  Told the DW whatever was left from the candy and deserts that didn't get eaten is going to be divided and taken to our respective offices for disposition.

No point in talking college football since we are down to the last game Monday week at "Jerry World"  aka:  AT&T Cowboys Stadium.  I'm pulling for the university that starts with an "O".  Saddened by Mississippi State's loss in the Orange Bowl.  Not many chances to ring my cowbell.

Ravens and Panthers won their Wild Card games yesterday.  Dallas host Detroit in the late game today after Bengals and Colts.  Have time to get the granddaughters back to their legal owners, eat lunch and get back to watch the game.  Can treadmill while I watch the game.

A New Year means a chance to begin things a new or get back on track.  I need to step back and let somebody else take over starting this thread.  Not going to disappear all together but just need a break from being lead off. 

Happy New Year.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Qajohn
on 1/4/15 1:36 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

337.6:  High weight Dec '13

311.3:  Surgery day 1/16/14

195.4:  Last Weigh in

194.2: CW

180.0: Goal weight

Had a pretty good week, getting back to basics eating wise. I know that between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I kind of fell off the wagon. This past week, I did much better and am learning that I don't always need to be nibbling. That's a very bad habit to get into.

I'm with you @Don1962 on the gym. I'm dreading the crowds for the next couple of weeks. I may go back to walking at the Mall of America for a month or so till the crowds dwindle. 

As I look outside, I see snow blowing and drifting with windchill temps at -30 degrees. When I look at the guide on my TV, I see the Lions are in a playoff game. Therefore Hell must be freezing over. This is a rare treat to watch the Lions this late in the season. Hopefully its a fun game. 

@Don1962, thank you for leading this group for so long. I for one very much appreciate the accountability that comes with posting here every week, and I enjoy reading the updates from all, and especially your commentary. I will be happy to lead the group on those days that I log in first, but really, I think anyone who logs in first on Sunday can lead us off that day. 

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy, safe and properouse New Year!!

Don 1962
on 1/4/15 4:01 am

I will be happy to lead the group on those days that I log in first, but really, I think anyone who logs in first on Sunday can lead us off that day. 

Thanks for the kind words John and that sounds like a plan my man!

Han Shot First
on 1/4/15 7:16 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

High Weight: 380

Starting Weight: 350

Last Week: 270

Current Weight: 268

Love the picture, although I was surprised to see a pretty empty gym here on Jan 2nd.  I'm guessing people are waiting until tomorrow to actually start.

Great start to the Lions-Cowboys game!  All season, Detroit has been better in the 2nd half, so hopefully it follows form today.

Can't wait to see what 2015 has in store!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Don 1962
on 1/4/15 8:51 am

Ended better than it started from the Cowboys' view point.  Dallas at Green Bay in January has not had too many positive outcomes for the Cowboys going back to the "Ice Bowl".

Qajohn
on 1/4/15 9:48 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

At least I'll be nice and warm watching from the comfort of my living room. Green Bay outdoors this time of year can get dicey, and temps right now are forecast in the teens. Maybe colder. 

Good luck!! No I can start preparing for the annual lions super bowl .... The draft. 

Han Shot First
on 1/5/15 12:29 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I've finally stopped cursing the refs 

Can you imagine if Green Bay had today's temps next Sunday?  

--

Mike R.
on 1/4/15 9:59 am - Warner Robins, GA

Sorry I haven’t posted in 4 weeks but work and the holidays have consumed me.  Thankfully, this week I’ll get back into my “normal” routine.

@Don, thank you for having taken the lead and helping to keep us all accountable.

@John, you can keep the -30°F weather.  An Alberta Clipper is supposed to come all the way to Georgia on Thursday morning with a low of 17°F.  Brrr!

@WCDaniels, yeah probably didn’t want to start a New Years’ resolution on a Friday!

My stats this week:

High weight:  392.0 lbs
Pre-op Weight 4 Aug 09:  377.5 lbs
      1st Surgiversary:  241.0 lbs
      2nd Surgiversary:  212.5 lbs
      3rd Surgiversary:  217.0 lbs
      4th Surgiversary:  214.0 lbs
      5th Surgiversary:  223.0 lbs
             Last week:  224.6 lbs / 22.5% body fat / 165.6 lbs muscle mass
             This week:  224.2 lbs / 21.9% body fat / 166.6 lbs muscle mass

Over the past week I’m down 0.4 lbs overall and up 1.0 lb muscle mass.  Being on the road with work for two weeks and then off for another two weeks during the holidays has been a challenge.  However, I’ve been able to exercise 3-4 days per week and didn’t go overboard with eating too much during the holidays.

Be safe & have a great week gentlemen!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Han Shot First
on 1/5/15 12:32 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi Mike,

Do you use a scale for your body fat % and muscle mass?  If so, which one, and do you like it?  I've been thinking about getting one soon, but I'm not sure which one yet.  I currently have the regular Withings wifi scale, and I really like it, but I'm curious about the other numbers also.

--

Mike R.
on 1/5/15 2:56 am - Warner Robins, GA

I got a Tanita Body Composition scale model BC533 about 2.5 years ago.  It uses bioimpedence to measure electrical resistance through my body between my feet.  It then uses empirical formulas based on sex, age, and physical activity to calculate %body fat, %water, muscle mass, bone mass, and visceral fat.  The scale is accurate to +/- 3% when calculating %body fat.  I've been pleased with it.

It would be nice if it was wifi enabled like the Withings to auto update MFP.

HTH, Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In