Testosterone

Qajohn
on 4/11/15 12:26 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Four years ago prior to surgery, I was feeling incredibly lethargic and had zero libido. I asken my PCP to do a Testosterone check. The results came back low, but still in the normal range. When I had my last batch of labs done a couple weeks ago, my Testosterone is now HIGH, like over the top high. My PCP asked if I was taking supplements - answer is no. The only thing I can think that would cause the increase is the strength training I've been doing. After searching around the OH site, I didn't see anything similar, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen these results?

Of course my energy levels are very high, my libido is back, and I need to watch my aggresivness. I don't know what health risks there are (if any) for high T, or if I shoud be worried about it. My PCP is rechecking it in June. I'll have that discussion with him then. 

cabin111
on 4/11/15 12:59 pm

Along with estrogen being released with the fat cells testosterone is being released.  Wondering if that is the cause, and if it will be in normal range in 5-6 months??

Ohiodietguy
on 4/11/15 11:05 pm

Hello: You may already know this? In fall of last year my lab test indicated low T. In Feb it was in the normal range (no weight loss) . The first test was late afternoon Second test early in the morning. The PCP told me the lab work should be performed before noon. Guess my point is the results may vary based on time of day. Hope    this helps!

Ohiodietguy
on 4/11/15 11:25 pm

I noticed you guys both had RNY? Would you mind if I asked about your results? and worse side effects? Thanks in advance!

Don 1962
on 4/11/15 11:48 pm

Worst side effects and results?  Lost a 160 pounds and have kept it off seven years as of this week!  

Worst side effect has been two ex-wives.  First one still lives in same town I do and we are still decent with each other.  The second one I can't get rid of fast enough!!

Qajohn
on 4/11/15 11:56 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

I've lost about 148# so far and have had amost no side effects. Lately, I have been dealing with a litte reactive hypoglycemia, but as long as I'm not a dumbass when I eat, That has been a non-issue as well. 

In addition to the weight, I have stopped taking three diabetes meds (and my diabetes is well in control with no medication), No Blood pressure meds (my blood pressure is perfect without them) and no cholesterol meds (again perfect labs). 

The surgery is a responsibility though. There is no surgery for your head. I still have the same eating urges I always did. I am working through that. Additinally, we need to take vitamins and calcium the rest of our lives. A trade I would make any day of teh week for the results I've had. 

cabin111
on 4/12/15 3:00 am

Click for Options

That is what I looked like yesterday...Over 8 years out (went to a memorial service).  I'm between 210-215.  Should be lower.  I had a second heart attack about 4 years out...Had a bad heart before.  Had some kidney stone (bladder stones)...Runs in the family, high uric acid.  I had to come home with a catheter for about 10 days...Couldn't pee on my own in the hospital.  The anesthesia can cause any one to have that issue because of surgery.  Would I do it again??  In a heartbeat.  Ask away on the questions.  It doesn't help with the aging process...You still get older and your body falls apart because of age and wear and tear...But you enjoy life a lot more and may live longer...Brian

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views