RNY on 01/16/14

Never give up

337.6:  High weight Dec '13

311.3:  Surgery day 1/16/14

191.8:  1st Surgiversary

191.6:  Last Weigh in

193.8: CW

180.0: Goal weight

Tough week in Tampa....one of my co-workers decided to retire at the ripe old age of 55 (******* My boss decided to pull out all the stops, so as much as I thought I had some good discipline with food, I know that I overate this week. I pulled the reigns in yesterday, and I'm sure I'll have a good day today and tomorrow, but this is going to be another tough week on the road. 

Aside from the food, I strained a ligament in my knee last weekend which has limited my ability to workout. I'm finding ways to work around the injury, since I know that the best medicine for a strained ligament is rest. 

Off to the gym!!

Have a great week.

Han Shot First
on 5/17/15 5:57 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

High Weight: 380

Starting Weight: 350

Last Week: 217.7

Current Weight: 215.0

Well, I'm obviously still in my honeymoon phase.  I haven't exercised in over two weeks because of my hellish schedule, and I had some stuff I shouldn't have eaten (not a ton, but still too much), and somehow I still lost.  I've been hovering around this 215-218 area for a few weeks now.  My wife and I direct the Spring Play at our HS, so it's been getting home at 10:00 for the last week.  My eating schedule has been messed up.  Today is the last performance, and so things should start to get back to normal later this week.  I really want to drop at least five more and hit my goal before the start of our big summer trip at the end of June.

Retirements have become non-existent over the last few years.  They started to make major cuts to education here, and to the retirement system, so about 5 years ago, anyone who could possibly retire did so.  These last three years, we haven't had a single person retire.  But, it's almost the start of Open House season, so there's going to be lots of food to be tempted around.  For those of you who live in parts of the country where you don't do them, an Open House is where the parents of a HS graduate put on a party for their kid, and provide tons of food.  In return, you deliver them a card with some money.  I thought they were universal, until I had family move to Nebraska and Texas.  Especially in Texas, they've heard of them (they call them Yankee parties!), but don't really do them.

Have a great week everyone!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 5/17/15 1:39 am, edited 5/18/15 7:38 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Highest weight=427

Day of surgery (3-16-15)=362

Last week=309.5

Today=304

John don't you hate when they put all that good out! I'm lucky I'm still at a point that I couldn't eat a lot even if I wanted to. I remember going out with a group for work and it was in Sugarland Texas at a place called japaneros. My boss ordered 2 large sushi boats for 15 of us. And many other side dishes. It was bad. Lol.  Good luck with the knee.

I got my bike the other day and it feels great riding again.  I weighed myself yesterday since it was 2 months post op for me. I was 305. I figured I do my usual Sunday weigh in for this weekly post and I was 304. I'm moving around so much better I can't believe it. I am starting a new job tomorrow that I will not be needing to move so many heavy objects. Also I will only be at one site so traveling is out unless I go to training.  I'm looking forward to being home at a reasonable hour. 

Wc. We have graduation parties for senior here in Philly area? Not sure if this is what you mean? 

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Han Shot First
on 5/18/15 5:27 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I think it is.  Here in Michigan we call them Open Houses, but I think they're the same.  I was just surprised to find out that in Texas and Nebraska they don't do anything like that.  People send cards, but there's no party.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

NateH
on 5/17/15 8:45 am
VSG on 09/26/14

Last week: 290.0
This week: 286.9

Total of -3.1 for the week, which I'll gladly take. Being totally honest, I was pretty rattled last week when I basically didn't lose anything. Glad to be back on track, for sure! I had a moment of "am I done losing?". Which, I know I'm not. It just was a bit scary. 

I presented my plan to my boss, and promotion approved! Details will be worked out this week, but yay for me! I have to say feeling better and being thinner has given me the confidence to seek these things out. I would have never pushed for this last year. But now I feel better, I have confidence, and most importantly I actually really like myself now! Sad to say that out loud, but it is true. 

Have a great week everyone! 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

Tombocom
on 5/17/15 2:14 pm
RNY on 04/28/15

High Weight:  324

Surgery Weight: 310

Current Weight:  281.3

Three weeks out (more or less) and heading back to work tomorrow.  

Hang in their John, Travelling sucks.

billmacc7
on 5/17/15 3:57 pm - MA

The Numbers:

346: All time high 7/1/10 - BMI = 52

326: Tufts Medical Center, Surgery 12/27/10 BMI=49

207:5/10/15-->0 lb gain BMI=30

210:5/17/15---3 lb gain Body Fat=22%

140 Total Weight Loss

Eating: Number don't lie...really, way too many poor choices this week...alas, today is a new day and did better..gotta work on the mindful eating...so easy to eat mindlessly!

Vitamins: Taking all required vitamins to include Multi vitamins, Iron, B12, and Calcium and now some D

Water: OK, could always be better 

Exercise: Pretty good week, worked out 6/7 days...excited as today did a 5K trail race and had  great time!

Have a great week

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Mike R.
on 5/17/15 7:16 pm - Warner Robins, GA

@John, keep at it – you know what you need to do!

@Bill, yeah that honeymoon lasts only about 18 months.

@Eric, amazing the rediscovery of what we’re physically capable of once again!

@Nate, awesome news on the promotion!  Congrats on the renewed confidence.

@Tom, good luck at work tomorrow.

@Bill Mac, mindful eating is not as easy as it seems.  Keep working it!

My stats this week:

High weight:  392.0 lbs
Pre-op Weight 4 Aug 09:  377.5 lbs
      1st Surgiversary:  241.0 lbs
      2nd Surgiversary:  212.5 lbs
      3rd Surgiversary:  217.0 lbs
      4th Surgiversary:  214.0 lbs
      5th Surgiversary:  223.0 lbs
             Last week:  220.4 lbs / 22.5% body fat / 162.4 lbs muscle mass
             This week:  220.4 lbs / 21.8% body fat / 164.0 lbs muscle mass

I’m status quo overall weight-wise this week but up 1.6 lbs muscle mass.  I made it to the gym 5 days this past week for cardio and strength training.  I did ok mindfully eating.  Protein was good and water was bit better considering high temps in the 90s.

Be safe & have a great week gentlemen!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Don 1962
on 5/18/15 4:33 am

Last week: 172.2

This week: 171.4

Weight was actually Saturday AM before work.  As I described it to folks I'm on the "fart into the wind" vacation that commenced that afternoon.

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views