Surgery Date Set with Dr. Alberto Aceves Anyone been there Done that?

bowhunter_58
on 12/23/09 4:10 am - Hope, AR
Hey there,

I'm new to the forum and just wondering what to expect with Dr. Aceves, good or bad? Also about the good and bad experiences with VSG? I read a lot of posting while making up my mind about Lap Band or VSG and due to all the postings about revision and other problems with bands decided on VSG. If I'm going to pay for this out of my pocket I only want to do it once. Any help you can give would be great.

Surgery set for 01-25-10

Thanks,

Gary
kward
on 12/23/09 8:12 am
Hi Gary,
I just had my surgery with Dr. Aceves 5 weeks ago.  He and Dr. Campos are amazing docs...caring, professional with a top notch facility!  You will be taken care of from the moment they pick you up in San Diego to the moment they drop you off..and of course any followup you need as well.

Feel free to PM me and ask any questions that you may have!  There are tons of his patients on verticalsleevetalk.com   Just do a search for his name and you will find us!

Best of luck!
Kris

bowhunter_58
on 12/23/09 8:22 am - Hope, AR
Kris,

Thank you very much for you response, I'm sure I will have more questions.

Gary
kward
on 12/23/09 8:42 am
ask away!
Kris

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 12/28/09 10:32 am
Gary

I found him to be an excellent surgeon and the hospital was incredible. small but beautiful and very, very clean.

why don't you post on the VSG forum?  it gets more traffic so you should get more replies.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

bowhunter_58
on 12/29/09 12:28 am - Hope, AR
Thanks, I did join the VSG forum and have been reading a lot. I have not seen where anyone has anything bad to say about Dr. Aceves or the Hosptial. Looking forward to my surgery with him.

Thanks,

Gary B.
kittenqutie
on 1/10/10 6:15 am - Phoenix, AZ
I had the band placed by Dr. A 2 years agot now and I still can't stop saying good things about him, the facility, and my experience with them.  I am currently scheduled to have a revision from the band to an alternative WLS because the band and I just didn't agree with each other (it caused me HORRIBLE REFLUX) and I just couldn't bear it anymore.  I am planning to have my revision with Dr. A as well I trust him with out question and he is the only bariatric surgeon that I want tinkering around in there for this type of surgery.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask.  Over the past 2 years I have had several visits to th hospital as I also had my fills done there as well.

I hope this helps

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 333 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 514 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1109 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1689 views