Does anyone do RNY to DS revision in Mexico?

Jen D.
on 10/5/22 5:38 pm - Wadsworth, OH

The first clinic I called said they don't do this revision but they do perform a revision to a distal RNY. A quick google tells me that the outcomes for a distal RNY aren't any better than a regular RNY, so I am still hoping to get the DS in the end.

Member Services
on 10/17/22 2:36 pm - Irvine, CA

Hello! Here is a link to the Bariatric Surgeons in Mexico and you can see which ones do Revision and RNY/DS.

https://www.obesityhelp.com/find/bariatric-surgeon/MEXICO/

hollykim
on 12/3/22 9:21 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 6, 2022 at 12:38 AM Pacific Time, Jen D. wrote:

The first clinic I called said they don't do this revision but they do perform a revision to a distal RNY. A quick google tells me that the outcomes for a distal RNY aren't any better than a regular RNY, so I am still hoping to get the DS in the end.

try Mexicali bariatric, dr ungson.

Ladybird4547
on 2/17/23 11:48 pm
WLS on 02/10/23

I have just returned from Dr Hidalgo Bariatrics in Tijuana. I had a RNY in 2011(Mexico Puerto Vallarta) and due to stricture development my US surgeon wanted to revise to DS. My insurance only paid for the sleeve part of it. So under dr advice did revision with hopes of doing in 2 part(commonly done) so we went ahead with sleeve and gall bladder removed. Long story short only lost about 17 pounds(2018) of over 100 regain and insurance would not pay for part 2 to the full DS. Found out my old surgeon from PV partner had opened own practice in Tijuana: Dr Hidalgo Bariatrics. Contacted him and just completed the SADI -S revision. 2/10/23. Feel great, fantastic care. If you want a trusted surgeon contact him for revision. You can message me if want further details. He is on Facebook.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 257 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1062 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1627 views