Do NOT go to Dr Huacuz

Larissa P.
on 6/23/10 4:11 pm - Denton, TX
http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-medical-tourism-dangers-sto ry,0,440773.story

I was warned - again and again. DO NOT GO to Dr Huacuz. But the promise of a cheaper surgery made me stupid. Now, I am paying the price with my health and hopefully not with my life.

Spread the news story, spread my name. Let people know. I will dedicate my life to making sure this doctor never gets to butcher another patient again.

Larissa
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
gottago
on 6/23/10 5:32 pm
I'm so sorry this happened to you Larissa!  I just read your story.  I am reconsidering going to Mexico.  Too many scary stories!  I hope you are better soon!
rere49
on 6/23/10 11:07 pm
VSG on 05/15/08 with
I went there, only for a band....lost it 18 months later. Not a good man. I am so sorry you are going through this. We will all be here thinking good thoughts. I wish I could fix it for you myself. I hate it when we try to fix something and are knocked down to our knees. Being fat is bad enough, but trying to fix it and then slapped like this is horrible.
Boscogirl
on 6/23/10 11:44 pm - TX
Larissa, I am so sorry for what you are going through.  I hope and pray that it works out for you to get the repair surgery that you need.  If you don't mind my asking, what is it that is done wrong and what problems are you having? 
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
Emily F.
on 6/24/10 12:12 am
Larissa, my heart aches for your situation, but please don't scare people away from the GOOD surgeons of Mexico. The articles gives a bad name to all Mexican surgeons and that is just not fair to them. Good luck and keep us updated.
Boscogirl
on 6/24/10 12:32 am - TX
I agree Emily.  Actually every article I have ever seen about someone who had severe complications after going to Mexico paints a picture that anyone who goes out of the country for medical care is risking their lives. :(
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
Anew Start
on 6/24/10 12:44 am
Hi Larissa,

I'm also sorry to hear about your complications.  I hope that you are able to find a way to have the new surgery to correct the problem. 

Thank you for the information and for having the courage to write about your situation.

csanddex
on 6/24/10 3:29 am
I agree.  It is tough but I do want to hear everything about everybody, these boards are flawed but I do feel if you wade through enough stuff and talk to multiple people you can make an informed decision. It is all we have. Without the boards and stories of the good bad and ugly all you have are the pretty advertisements.

judycay
on 6/24/10 2:26 am
I am so sorry this happened to you - it is indeed awful and I hope you find some resolution to regain your health.

Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
(deactivated member)
on 6/24/10 2:32 am
Hi Larissa....I'm very sorry things did not go well for you. Believe me, I can relate.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 304 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 488 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1087 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1655 views