1 year post

Emily F.
on 4/4/11 12:01 pm
  Okay, let's try this again, since my first one disappeared. :)

April 5th 2010 Easter Sunday, I left my 3 young children in Florida and flew with my mother across the continent to the west coast of Mexico to get DS surgery from Ungson. I was 110% happy with my experience in Mexcio, the surgery, the team of doctors, everything was wonderful. Its all on my blog to help others. 

I had textbook recovery. Little dehydration around week 3, but got through it. Only negative is my scar keloided which no one can really help that. I only took 9 days off work which I'm sure is the best case scenario. I think my young age and health had to do with it. I have bounced back from all my surgeries very quickly. 

The biggest downfall is there is no ds surgeon in Florida. So I'm constantly explaining myself but wouldn't trade it for nothing. Really treasure the board and all the dsers. **group hug**

I went for my first dental cleaning since wls and the dental hygenist told me I would get a boob job and leave my husband. I was absolutely horrified someone would think that of me. But then again, you hear about it happening. I never worried for a moment about my marriage. We met I was a size 14 and thought I looked damn good. We've both gained 100 lbs PLUS. He constantly tells me I'm beautiful, he did when I weighted 370, he tells me now that I'm 160 with all that skin, so basically he is a damn liar but I appreciate the sentiment. And he has never said a SINGLE word about the ds bathroom. :)  He is pro plastics, I'm a lucky girl. :)

The pros. I could write volumes. I'm a better person. I have energy. I'm more active in life with my job, my children my bedroom. lol. I was happy with my life before surgery, now I'm happy with MYSELF in addition to my life. I'm joyful. I take care of myself. I enjoy drinking protein shakes that I know are good for me. I like getting my lab work and setting down with my Andrea U's labtracker work book and chart all the graphs and see where I'm at. I love my ds family of friends who tell me the truth!!!

I gained weight when I was 8 ironically when my dad got sober (coindence? not sure lol) but always had really low esteem. I have a pic of me in a bathing suit when I was 5, very normal sized, but I remember stretching out my hands on my thighs to cover them for the pic. 5. I have no idea where it came from. I do my DAMNEST to keep these problems from my girls.

Stats
highest weight 370 when I was pregnant with my twins 2004 maternity size 30-32
surgery weight 286 size 24
Now 160s size 10
Shoe was 12 to 10-11, I wear heels all day and they are comfortable!!! Never happened before.

Now the fun. pic.
before.jpg image by cneclevengerbeforebeforeI.jpg image by cneclevenger

after.jpg image by cneclevenger364 days later. :)

Thank for all you contribute on the board. Love you guys!
oyekan
on 4/4/11 10:42 pm
      Shock and awe!  Really amazing!
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/11 2:00 am
You look amazing! Congrats on all your hard work!
Margo N.
on 4/5/11 7:41 am
Woo effin' hoo! You look fantastic!!!! I have always appreciated your positive, insightful and balanced posts - so glad that all has gone so well for you!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

Emily F.
on 4/5/11 10:31 am
On April 5, 2011 at 2:41 PM Pacific Time, Margo N. wrote:
Woo effin' hoo! You look fantastic!!!! I have always appreciated your positive, insightful and balanced posts - so glad that all has gone so well for you!
 Thank you! What a kind thing to say.
Heather T.
on 4/9/11 2:42 am
WOW! You look absolutely AMAZING! Thank you for sharing. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 322 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 504 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1098 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1672 views