Aceves--hubby staying in hospital?

SpiceyMom
on 4/6/11 9:01 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
If you used Aceves, did your partner stay in the hospital with you or at the hotel? Hubby was wondering about it. Mainly, I was wondering if the hospital was really uncomfortable for them, if you really, really want them there, at least the first night or two when you're sorest regardless oftheir comfort? Lol

Thanks for any insight, experiences, etc. I am still trying to narrow down what I am going to do...
Mom to 8, looking forward to a healthy future!         
Kimmes
on 4/6/11 8:50 pm
I know the hospital Dr Kelly uses has full sized gust bed in your hospital room along with the bed for you the patient. I know this question was for Aceves but I also know you are considering Dr Kelly so wanted to comment.

If you have any questions on Dr Kelly send me a private message and I will try to help. I did not schedule with any of his US coordinators I went directly to Trish his assistant in TJ to schedule everything. It worked well for me!

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Margo N.
on 4/7/11 2:34 pm
There was a couch in each patient room where somebody could sleep in reasonable comfort. Having said that, my dad, who accompanied me, is in his 70's and we reserved extra nights in the hotel room for him, rather than having him stay at the hospital. He hung out with me into the early evening each night and then took a cab to the hotel, returning in the morning when Ernesto came with the van. Each room also had a private bath / shower.
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

kitticat
on 4/11/11 4:52 pm
My husband stayed in the hospital with me as well...the food was good, he slept ok on the couch...all in all a good experience!
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 2:15 pm
 I am in Hospital Almater as we speak supporting my wife on her sleeve journey.  The room that I am in has a comfy leather couch.  I am 6'1" and I am fine.  There are a few restaurants around the hospital and you are only 20 minutes walk from the largest shopping plaza in Mexicali.  I have nothing negative to say about the hospital or the care.  I brought a laptop and take advantage of the hospitals free wireless to use online english/spanish translations to help at night, where english speaking staff are rarer.  Please feel free to ask any other questions!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 265 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 451 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1064 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1630 views