Seriously ... considering Dr. Ramos Kelly for surgery next month.

Sunny702
on 7/29/11 12:42 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I've read nothing but good things about him and Trish as well as the procedure in Mexico. I have to admit I have been VERY skeptical of going to Mexico to get any major surgery. However, I just got off the phone with Trish and I've been reading, reading, reading all the posts and I'm starting to feel much better.

I'm thinking that I might take a leap of faith and have my sleeve done with Dr. Kelly next month.

Anyone else considering doing it then also?
Jackie00
on 7/29/11 2:09 pm
He sounds fabulous from me reading another website along with this one.  I have it down to 3 surgeons now, decisions, decisions.
When are you thinking about going?  I am going in September, just need to make up my mind on the surgeon.  I have to be in the later half of September if you are looking for a buddy let me know.
Sunny702
on 7/29/11 4:22 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I will probably do it by the end of August.
Lovevsg
on 7/29/11 11:43 pm
I remember being in the same situation you are in. I was skeptical to go to another country for surgery. Also I was worried of choosing the wrong doctor. I also did a lot of research to the point that my husband was getting upset at me spending so much time online. I made the decision to have vsg with Dr Ramos Kelly and it was one of the best decisions I have ever done. He was a very nice doctor and very experienced. The hospital was clean and comfortable and the staff was also friendly. The lucerna hotel was awsome it seems high class. After coming back from mexico and loosing all this weight everyone of my family and friends who thought I was crazy for going there are so happy for me now. I even have people wanting to go and have the surgery done. A friend of mine actually went last week and was also very pleased. Sorry I wrote so much but I talk a lot.

WANTINGASLEEVE
on 7/31/11 1:43 am
 I had the mini gastric bypass done May 31 with Dr Kelly!!  Best decision of my life!!  I was very scared, skeptical, and overwhelmed even up to being rolled into the OR.  Dr. Kelly is a wonderful man who is very knowledgeable.  He is very REAL, treats you human, answers questions and makes you comfortable with your decision.  

As of today I have lost 47 pounds.  I was never in pain, and treated very well in the hospital.  The nurses are very caring and do a wonderful job.  My husband went with me and he was very well taken care of.  Took him to get food, and took us shopping after my surgery.  I have a sister I want to take down and have surgery, only problem is convincing her.  LOL

If you have questions just ask, I will answer anything!!
brezal_78
on 7/31/11 5:39 am - ME
VSG on 12/23/13
How did it cost? Is it all inclusive like air fare, hotel? Will they pay for my finance to come support? Etc. Etc lol
Heather T.
on 7/31/11 8:55 am
I had the sleeve procedure done with Dr. Kelly in May.  He was a very caring and nice doctor.  The hospital was clean and was actually a hospital---not a clinic.  It was not as updated as the hospitals in the US however it had the equipment needed.  The differences were small like instead of alcohol pads individually wrapped they had a jar full of cotton balls soaked in alcohol.  Didn't bother me. 

The staff spoke english but one of the nurses that I had----I brought my laptop and just pulled up a english to spanish dictionary and all my needs were met. 

I suggest upgrading the hotel and staying at Lucerna----it was a very nice place.  You can google it.  The doctor even came and visited me at the hotel a couple times to see how I was.

I woke up from surgery with nausea and in some pain but it was quickly taken care of.  After that I was up every two hours walking the hallways and even outside in the little courtyard area.  After the two days in the hospital, I didn't take another pain pill. 

Good luck in your research and I am sure you will pick the doctor that is best for you.

First Goal: loss of 30.25 pounds (1/4 of weight) GOAL MET ON 6/15/2011
Second Goal: loss of 60.5 pounds (1/2 of weight)  GOAL MET ON 9/24/2011
Third Goal: loss of  90.75 pounds (3/4 of weight)
Fourth Goal: loss of 121 pounds (100% of weight)

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 322 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 504 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1098 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1672 views