Researching MX surgeons

pineview01
on 9/25/12 2:07 am - Davison, MI
I've been speending ours here and on the VGS boards trying to research the Mexico Surgeons.

I tried taking notes and making a spread sheet even but, just getting more confused.

I did find this link that I found a good starting point.  (Yes, I decided to start all over in the search.)

http://www.mexicobariatricsurgeons.com/

I think this is an impartial site.  Does anybody know for sure?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

ChristinaS9476
on 9/25/12 5:38 am - Alvaton, KY
RNY on 11/15/12
 I'm not 100% sure, but I do think that website is more of an advertisement for those surgeons.  My best advice is figure out where you want to go (Tijuana, Mexicali, Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, etc.) then find out about surgeons there by researching on here, on Youtube, Facebook, and other forum websites.  Ultimitely, I think there are a whole lot of surgeons in Mexico that do these procedures and you probably won't go wrong if you go with ones that have good reviews from several places.  
I actually did decide to go with Dr. Alejandro Lopez and his wife, Dr. Jacqueline Osana because I found good reviews from several different places and I like dealing with alighterme.com, the coordinators they use, and I wanted to go to Puerto Vallarta. 
The only overwhelmingly negative thing I have heard about was Jeruselum Hospital in Tijuana.  

Good luck in your search!
pineview01
on 9/26/12 1:10 am, edited 9/26/12 1:14 am - Davison, MI
" My best advice is figure out where you want to go (Tijuana, Mexicali, Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, etc.)"

I checked out air to all locations and it is within $200 at this time so
that wouldn't be the deal breaker for me.  Flying in to SD, way shorter
ride to Tijuana than Mexicali.  If going to Puerto Vallarta you fly right
into Mexico right?  How does that go with customs vs crossing at the boader? 

Someone posted after surgery alighterme dropped off the face of the
earth and they can't get a return call or paperwork.  Did you try to
contact them after?

With Drs Lopez & Osana, they work out of three locations, why did
you choose PV?

I'm very interested in your thoughts as others using Dr. Lopez really
liked him and than those others rip him up.

If you read all the comments on that site they have some very negitive things to say about some and at least one for all.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

jenmichelle
on 10/4/12 7:46 pm
On September 26, 2012 at 8:10 AM Pacific Time, pineview01 wrote:
" My best advice is figure out where you want to go (Tijuana, Mexicali, Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, etc.)"

I checked out air to all locations and it is within $200 at this time so
that wouldn't be the deal breaker for me.  Flying in to SD, way shorter
ride to Tijuana than Mexicali.  If going to Puerto Vallarta you fly right
into Mexico right?  How does that go with customs vs crossing at the boader? 

Someone posted after surgery alighterme dropped off the face of the
earth and they can't get a return call or paperwork.  Did you try to
contact them after?

With Drs Lopez & Osana, they work out of three locations, why did
you choose PV?

I'm very interested in your thoughts as others using Dr. Lopez really
liked him and than those others rip him up.

If you read all the comments on that site they have some very negitive things to say about some and at least one for all.
 I also saw that site.  It seems like it's got the good and bad and I think that's a good thing.  

I haven't heard anything like A Lighter Me dropping off the face of the earth.  My experience has been the exact opposite!  I have always received prompt responses both befoe and after my sugery.  They have been great!  

If you have certain doubts or concerns, call them and ask them.  I called a lot and asked a lot of questions.  I think that we should be asking everything we can think of.  The more I asked and the ore I learned the more comfortable I felt and then I was able to make my decision and it worked out great for me!

You will find the doctor and place that make you comfortable and I'm sure you will have a good experience.  The folks in Mexico are warm people and they really care.  You are not just a number! Good luck!
pineview01
on 10/7/12 10:57 am - Davison, MI
Thank You jenmichelle!

its-killen-me
on 9/25/12 7:43 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
That is an advertisement.  Check out Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon in Tijauna too.  The patient co-ordinator is named Trish.  You can pm me for info.  Dr. Ponce is a great surgeon, and his prices are lower.  If you look on the Manitoba Canada board on this site you will see most of the people from here go to him. 
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
pineview01
on 9/26/12 12:57 am, edited 9/26/12 1:15 am - Davison, MI
I tried to PM you but, you must have your profile protected. 
You would have to friend me before I can.  I would like a pm
from you as I am reading conflecting info here on Trish.

If it is an add, why does it bring up some very nasty stuff.

baydoll
on 9/29/12 11:57 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Depends on where you want to go. If you're considering Puerto Vallarta, I suggest researching Dr. Castaneda Cruz. He and his team are wonderful. He is available before and after surgery to answer questions. Good luck with your journey.

Doreen
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 321 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 504 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1098 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1672 views