Six Pounds to My First Goal

TeashaLorna
on 5/18/13 1:36 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

I can't believe it. On the 4th of Jun 2012 I had a VSG done by Dr Ponce de Leon and it was the best thing that I have ever done for myself.

The Weight Loss Surgery for Better Life Team are absolutely outstanding, in their care and professionalism. I only regret that I did not do this sooner; and I would recommend them to anyone thinking of having WLS. Trish is the coordinator and she is amazing. Check them out at Wls for Betterlife on facebook.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Spencerella
on 5/19/13 7:49 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Congratulations Lorna!  I've enjoyed following you on MFP, but had no idea we had the same surgeon.  Based on my personal experience, I can confidently say that Dr. Ponce is one of the best VSG surgeons out there.  With the 32F boogie, which he clearly pulls tight, and the removal of all parts of the stretchy fundus, my capacity and hunger are still very low at 7 months post op.  Although Dr. Ponce is nowhere near as well known, he is a solid surgeon who deserves major recognition for his skill level.  

Of course, we have to do all the rest, so I want to commend you on your discipline and commitment to a better life!  Hugs

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

TeashaLorna
on 5/19/13 12:07 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Oh my look how close you are to your goal. Wow! You are such an inspiration to me. I love Dr Ponce and his team they are amazing. I am almost a year out and still have awesome restriction. That is so neat that you had the same surgeon.

MFP has a great group of people on it and such wonderful support. I am so thankful for all the support.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 311 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 496 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1095 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1668 views