Opinions on Mexico Bariatric Center or WLS4BetterLife?

Nicky1982
on 7/26/13 4:39 am - Winnipeg, Canada

Hey folks! I have been struggling with making a choice on what I need to do as far as having the vertical sleeve done and where to go. I have been tossing up a surgeon in Canada (Dr.Michel Gagner) and 2 in Mexico. I have been approved by the Mexico Bariatric Center to have surgery with Dr.Roberto Cisneros. I could also see Dr.Ponce with WLS4BetterLife as well. I am a high risk patient and trying to make the choice. Both hospitals in Mexico are the same cost essentially. Can anyone give me some opinions here? If this isn't making sense I apologize, I'm running on next to no sleep.

divamc
on 7/26/13 5:50 am - Riverview, FL

I just had my DS done and I went through Mexico Bariatric Center. I would recommend my doctor, but not Mexico Bariatric Center. For a full review of my experience, read my thread titled "Mexico Bariatric Center and Dr. Kelly".  I would highly recommend Dr. Kelly. Dr. Kelly specializes in high risk patients. You can book directly with him through wlsclinic dot com.

Nicky1982
on 7/28/13 10:44 pm - Winnipeg, Canada

Which forum group is your review in? I would be very interested in reading it, just not sure where to find it.

pineview01
on 8/1/13 2:38 pm - Davison, MI

Dr Kelly was one of three on my short list if the insurance hadn't come thru.  I had research for months and read every thread here back a few years.

Here is the thread.  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/mexico/4634987/Mexico-bari atric-Center-and-Dr-Kelly/

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Spencerella
on 7/26/13 9:21 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Dr. Ponce did my sleeve last October and I can tell you without a doubt that his surgical skills are among the best.  Anywhere.  Period.  I have a small sleeve with tight resection top and bottom.  I still have excellent restriction and no hunger at 9 months out.  

I did not use WLS4Life, so can't speak to the quality of the support they provide.  Best of luck with your decision.

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Nicky1982
on 7/28/13 11:05 pm - Winnipeg, Canada

That's awesome that it worked out so well for you! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing!

Velma44
on 7/26/13 2:49 pm

Sorry to throw another option in but I had my RNY with Dr Aceves and WOW! I had a great experience.

Nicky1982
on 7/28/13 11:17 pm - Winnipeg, Canada

Which hospital would that be through?

Velma44
on 7/30/13 12:21 am
Hospital Almatar, Mexicali Mexico.
Jennifer L.
on 7/26/13 3:54 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I had a great experience with Mexico Bariatric Center... If you talk to patients of Dr. Kelly, they didnt have a positive MBC experience mostly because I believe Dr. Kelly and MBC were on the outs... sadly patients get stuck in the middle. However, I liked my experience. 

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 307 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 492 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1089 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1660 views