Dr. Alejandro Lopez mixed reviews?

jinx0323
on 2/12/14 2:19 am

i had until recently heard only goo things about this dr but some other things have cropped up can you please give me your stories on him good bad and ugly.  thanks

tbone88
on 2/24/14 1:33 am - MO

I wouldnt wish him on anyone....Lets just say I am currently trying to get my insurance to pay to have his botched work fixed. I would rather be 350lbs than continue living with the problems he has caused.

jinx0323
on 2/24/14 2:00 am

may i ask what you had done and how it was botched.  or if this is something you have already posted link me to that so i can read it.  thanks

tbone88
on 2/25/14 5:21 am - MO

sent you a PM

mlopez77
on 3/15/14 3:27 pm
VSG on 05/16/14 with

Can you please let me know what happened? I am scheduled with him in May.

MaybeAmy
on 3/13/14 6:17 pm
VSG on 04/23/14 with

Please share, I am scheduled with him in July, if I need to consider another surgeon I would like to know ahead of time!

Brandee01
on 3/27/14 8:43 am

I had surgery with Dr Lopez on March 19 and was completely happy with my choice. Dr Lopez and his entire team was wonderful. I was well taken care of the whole time

zmdh39
on 4/9/14 2:08 am

A good way to find out is to do a google search using phrases like "Dr. Alejandro Lopez Complications" or look his name up on places like youtube to see if there are any patient testimonials about him. Just be careful and pay attention to what you are reading, a lot of the time when you search phrases such as the one above you can find things written by people that have had surgery with him, but some of the stuff that you can find might be things that the doctors pay to have put up...I am not talking about any one doctor specifically, I am just saying that it is possible for them to do...things like hospital review sites, doctor review sites etc. Good rankings on sites like those are not hard to get if you are willing to pay for them, and they are not always the rankings that were provided by actual patients. You best bet is to read through forum posts, watch patient post op video blogs and things of that nature. I work in internet technology and marketing, so I can usually tell the sites that are paid for by doctors, versus the ones that actually reflect patient opinions. I saw a number of them when doing the research for my own surgery. Reading former patient posts, and talking to as many former patients that you can find is always the best way to go to get a more accurate opinion of your surgeon.

pelenaisek
on 11/12/17 10:33 pm

If I could give this place a "0" I would. The coordinator by the name of Ivette Perez is a complete scam. She will do everything and anything to get your money and once she gets it you will rarely ever hear from ever again. I tried canceling the surgery date because I didn't feel confident proceeding with the operation. Here is what she sends me after text messages and emails trying to cancel. The funny thing is about the whole situation is that I never in anything that was given to me in writing stated that that I would have to pay 15% of the deposit. I have paper works and emails if anyone would like to learn more of how ridiculous the coordinators are.

BTW there was no contract at all upon agreement, never signed anything.

Hi Pelenaise,

Since you are not understanding that we were trying to work with you, management has decided to enforce the cancelation policy on our contract agreement.

Please see below. Had you cancelled 10 days b4 your surgery date you would have had to pay 15% of $5,110.00 in other words $766.50.

Had you cancelled 5 days b4 surgery, which was was your case (24hours) you are to pay 30% of $5,110.00, that means you owe $1533.00.

Your cancellation for surgery was past the 24 hours, which did not give the Dr time to schedule someone else in your place.

The hotel charged us the $150.00 because the cancelation was the same day you cancelled , since you were supposed to all check in on 9/5.
I asked management to not enforce cancellation policy from contract and to please charge you $100.00 not $150.00 for the room.

I'm will never go with Dr Alejandro Lopez because they are super dishonest. I have proof of everything if anyone would like to see that I've tried contacting them to cancel way before 24 hours.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1060 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1626 views