I chose a Doctor! " Lopez,". Wilhemly and Alverez were on my short list of...

Memelee504
on 12/7/14 6:05 am - New Orleans, LA
with

I have been reading, researching, praying and asking for guidance. I truly wanted Wilhemy I spoke to his coordinator and she made me truly feel they were the team to pick. But they are over 1.5 hours from San Deiago and I didn't want to be so far from the U.S. boarder. So I kept looking. I live in Louisiana so going to Texas with Alverez was attractive to me than SanDeiago in case something went wrong I wouldn't be on the other side of the world. But Alverez was at the top of my price point and I couldn't find a lot of information about the hospital / clinic he does surgery in so I kept looking. I came across a testimony from a young lady, who had some complications after her procedure due to no fought of her doctor who performed her VGS... But I connected with her and the story she told about how her doctor stayed in touch with her and the hospital she was in in Atlanta which lead me to chose Dr. Lopez and his wife Dr Osuna. They were one of the few who offer different hospital options, SIS- (single incision surgery) and something about a husband and wife team was attractive to me. I know how I am with my husband we always encourage each other to do our best and she probably checks his work for mistakes. So I've made my decision on today 12/7/14 now I will make arrangements to pay my deposit and schedule my surgery date..  Pray for me y'all I'm so excited... 

Y D.
on 12/7/14 1:08 pm
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Congrats! Dr Lopez will be my surgeon as well, I'm scheduled for January 19. :)

Memelee504
on 12/8/14 3:27 am - New Orleans, LA
with

I'm excited, I sent in my health survey and now I'm wanting to be contacted back.. I would love to go in January.. What hospital did you chose? And do you mind me asking if you are doing the single incision surgery? 

Y D.
on 12/8/14 3:32 am, edited 12/8/14 3:56 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Yes it worked out since 01/19 is a holiday here in the US but not MX, I only needed to take off four days from work instead of 5 :)

I forgot which hospital- ha! I'll have to check. Tijuana though, I know that.

I'm not doing single incision, I saw a picture of it somewhere on the site, and it looked a lot more gnarly (to me) than the multiple laparoscopic ones, plus the price was a detraction for me.

Memelee504
on 12/15/14 8:45 am - New Orleans, LA
with

I have my date 2/16/15..Yeah!  I thought it was going to be on Saturday 2/14, but Dr a Lopez wasn't working that day. I'm from New Orleans the city is pretty much shut down for three days for Mardi Gras so my husband only has to take 1day of vacation.  I'm so excited... I'm sitting by the clock saying hurry hurry hurry..lol don't forget to keep me posted about every thing after your surgery 1/19/15. 

Many blessings to ya, 

Y D.
on 12/15/14 8:51 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

woohoo!! congrats on your date!  that's awesome. I know what you mean the wait time is the WORST!! perfect too that hubby only has to take off one day, score.

thank you so much, I will definitely share everything! I can hardly wait.

not looking forward to the pre-op diet, but I guess nobody does lol!

so far I've just been gathering my vitamins and supplements i'll need after surgery, and I got some flavorless protein powder I can add to food and drinks when I get sick of shakes.

Y D.
on 12/8/14 3:55 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

I'll be at Vida :)

http://www.mexicobariatriccenter.com/hospital-vida-tijuana-mexico/

Memelee504
on 12/8/14 9:37 am - New Orleans, LA
with

That the same hospital I chose, I hope they allow me to use that one.. I don't know if I get to chose or if they chose based on how many ppl are having surgery that day. SILS is more expensive but they say the healing time is quicker.. I can barely afford the additional $$$ but I'm going to try and swing it. They say the healing time is much faster. 

alt1985
on 12/15/14 1:02 am

How much extra does it cost for the SILS? 

Memelee504
on 12/15/14 1:57 am - New Orleans, LA
with

I was charged $1500 more, do you have a surgery date yet @atl1985, are those initials for (Atlanta) I'm from New Orleans! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 257 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1062 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1627 views