January 20th - can I do it?

SkinnyBonz38
on 12/27/14 12:18 am

I'm not yet there. I am moving along with the first appt with the surgeon though. I know there is nothing that is guaranteed. But I will go through the (much needed) surgery if I know for a fact that there will be no problems or mishaps. Not to mention the fact that I am a whimp when it comes to pain.

I know if i'm dizzy I'm low on iron or if I'm woozy I better eat something. Or when I'm craving tuna I forgot to take my Omega 3-6-9. If I'm cold it's probably been a while since I downed a D3. These things I know. I don't know how if my belly aches what that might mean after surgery,or if the band slips or...or... there are so many things that could go wrong or what if I truly don't want the surgery after I have had it and my cardiomyopathy doesn't improve?

Or I will never be the same without a full belly. I love when my belly is full. I sew and make lovely dresses and so I do look forward to wearing a normal size. People tell me I look 10- 15 years younger than my real age.  

I really want to make a definitive answer. I'm not there yet and I don't know if I will ever be. I just don't want to be fat anymore or any fatter

TNRose
on 12/27/14 2:49 am - TN

SkinnyBonz38, I can absolutely relate!  I want a definite answer, too, but I don' t think I'll have an absolute resolve until several months after surgery.  It seems to be that way for most people.  What I do know for sure is the good outweighs the bad for me - the win column is what I'm focusing on!  I hope you will keep me posted as you progress on your journey, and when you make a decision.  Regardless of what you decide, I wish you the very best! 

Faith70
on 1/3/15 8:20 am

I could have written your post ha ha Same here when you say silence says it all. I will be doing a HELC on a paid off rental house that I own and that scares me, but if I don't do something its going to get worse .My sleeve is being done 1-9-15 so I wish a Safe and Speedy Recovery.

TNRose
on 1/17/15 1:24 pm - TN

Faith70, how are you doing?  I should have checked in sooner...where did the time go?

Memelee504
on 1/20/15 11:50 am - New Orleans, LA
with

TnRose, today is your big day.. I hope all is well with you take care of yourself and let us know how things went when you return home.. God bless

Y D.
on 1/22/15 1:04 pm
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Thinking of you girl! Can't wait to hear how it went, happy healing! 

TNRose
on 1/24/15 9:10 am - TN

Hi and thanks for your inquires!  Surgery went very well and I feel amazing - only a little soreness!  The first 12 hours were the worst - gas in the left shoulder but worse yet - the DRAIN.  Oh my God it was so uncomfortable and made me feel as though I could hardly breathe and made my heart feel weird...not quite sure how to explain it.

My husband and I arrived home last night to snow!  It's so good to be home!  And thanks again for following up with me!  I really appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Y D.
on 1/24/15 12:05 pm
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Oh good I'm so glad it went well! :) ugh that drain was the worst ever! Glad you're home safe and sound 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 264 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 451 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1064 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1630 views