So many questions not enough answers!!

irmartinez88
on 1/22/15 1:26 pm - Univesal City, TX

I have been looking for a surgeon in Mexico and I've narrowed it down to Dr. Almanza. My only problem is that people in the USA need to go through the middle man.... so I have heard of a1victory.com and weightlossagents.com. They pick you up in San Diego and take you to Tijuana and you have your preop labs and then surgery then you get sent to a hotel where they have medical staff there to attend your every need. But prior to all this you need to schedule the date of the procedure and you secure the date with a 250.00 deposit, I completely understand we need to pay a deposit.... but this is were they got me in order for me to pay my deposit I need to send them a front and back copy of the credit card im usng and of my id!??!?!?! I have never heard of that?? How can I trust a company that doesn't have an address or somebody who I have never heard of? HAS ANYONE USED WEIGHTLOSSAGNTS? HOW RELIABLE ARE THEY??? I DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE SENDING THEM COPIES OF MY ID... HELP??!?!

Ladybugsy
on 1/23/15 4:05 am

I don't blame you for being uncomfortable with that at all.  I am going with Dr. Kelly and am VERY confident in my decision.  There is no deposit, but I will be sending a picture of the checks to the coordinator that are made out to the hospital and the Dr. to ensure that I have them made out correctly. 

HW 350.  SW 338.  CW 320. 

Month 1, including pre-op: -27 pounds

Memelee504
on 1/23/15 9:12 am - New Orleans, LA
with

That does sounds fishy, I chose Dr. Lopez and there is a coordinator who walks you through the process on every thing including paying a $500 deposit but you can mail it, make a deposit in Bank of America into their account or pay by credit card.. I didn't have to send copies of any thing. I have been very active on this site and I haven't heard of anyone talking about victory or weight loss agent. Maybe you should look at some of the more popular doctors. 

aroth79
on 1/29/15 7:10 am

Hi Irma, of course your are suspicious another country and give away your credit card information? no way I have my surgery in Mexicali no Tijuana but the staff pick me up in San Diego airport and drove me back after surgery, I only did a deposit of $250 Dlls. to and Bank of America account, send my medical information and that's it, all my pre labs and consultation where in Mexicali as soon as I get in there. SO I was very confident about it. I haven't hear nothing from that Dr. but I think that you should do more research, this is something that you need to be very careful, have your surgery with the right Dr. is the thing that matters the most, and of course your health!!

Anna R.

Surgery May 2014 in Mexicali

GBakker
on 2/2/15 12:23 pm

I would never send anyone a copy of my credit card and ID. I went through Ready 4A Change, and called them to provide my charge card number for my deposit.

aapayne13
on 2/6/15 1:24 am

I would never go to Dr A with my personal research.  Make sure you go in depth in your research.  I'm going with Dr. Kelly in March.

Chery Taylor
on 2/22/15 4:04 pm

Hi, I went with Dr Illian with baja bariatrics. A wonderful team of people. we have a support group on facebook team illian please feel free to join. He is an amazing surgeon ive gone from 225 to 168. i was sleeved on 12-8-14. best thing i ever did for myself. Also you dont even have to pay a deposit with him. you dont send any personal info other then their health questionnaire. Best of luck to you.  Chery 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1060 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1626 views