Right Dr in Mexico....All on this site seem great

dinwards
on 3/18/15 12:26 pm

so I have been having a terribly hard time deciding on which Dr  in Mexico to choose for my Vertical sleeve.  All of the drs listed with this site seem to have good reviews, I just can't deiced.  I almost feel like I should just put their names in a hat in pick one.  Does Tijuana seem like the best city to go to?  Any thoughts about any of this would be very helpful!!

Sandra F.
on 3/18/15 11:36 pm

I can't speak to who is the best doctor but only to my doctor.  I had the sleeve done in October with Dr. Fernando Garcia of Tijuana Bariatrics.  From what I understand from other forum users, he is now in a different hospital than the one that I had my surgery in, so it is probably no use in my describing the hospital.  I have to say that it appears that he has done a good job and I am 68lbs lighter.  I have had no complications other than nausea and some constipation, which I discovered came from not getting enough water in.  The nausea was mainly the first month after surgery.  I felt completely safe at the hospital, but my husband is Mexican and I have been to Mexico probably around 15 times, so I have always felt comfortable there.  All of the doctors and nurses spoke english, although in my case I speak some spanish, so I really didn't need it.  Good luck to you in your choice.  It is an important one.  Make sure you do lots of research as the first doctor I chose I found out had his medical license suspended in Canada before moving his practice to Mexico.

Y D.
on 3/19/15 3:07 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

There are many qualified Dr.s to choose from in Tijuana :) I chose Dr. Lopez and had my surgery at Vida hospital, great surgical experience. I went alone and felt safe and cared for at all times.

I would say, narrow it down to 2 or 3 based on reading reviews of others' experiences and researching the Drs experience and qualifications. Also, take into consideration the price, whats included, the hotel, and the hospital where the surgery is being performed. I'm sure I would have had a fine experience at Mi Doctor (hospital), but for me having it at Vida (more upscale) made me more comfortable and had more amenities (for example an on site recovery boutique downstairs).

Happy planning! :)

(deactivated member)
on 3/19/15 7:32 am

I would recommend Dr Leopoldo H. Chabert from San Javier Hospital ,Guadalajara MX as he is a top Surgeon in this field and has a tremendous track record

pbartlett584
on 3/30/15 6:53 am

I went to Mexicali Baratric Center and had such great care! I would highly recommend it!

http://www.mexicalibariatric.com/home/

VSG - Drs. Aceves/Campos Oct/2011

Re-sleeve - Drs. Ungston/Beltran/Campos - March/2015

Nitayoung
on 4/3/15 12:41 pm

I have just returned from Tijuana Mexico. Roux En-Y surgery on March 27th at Clinica San Juan with Dr Kelly. HE AND HIS TEAM ARE FABULOUS!! I reasearched sooooo many doctors, I know how you feel. Dr Kelly and his team treat you like family, and they stay in touch with their patients for a lifetime. The facilities that he operates out of are very clean and well kept. He and his team only perform 3 sometimes 4 surgeries per day. There are surgeons in MX that do upwards of 10 to 15 per day!

When our insurance here in the US denied my weight loss surgery, I didn't think I'd ever felt so low. But then I started looking out of the country. This search led me to Dr Kelly and now I look back on that denial of coverage as a blessing.

If you have any more specific questions I can answer for you, I'd be glad to! I'm just adding my 2 cents worth in your quest for a fine surgeon in Mexico! Best of luck

Nita <3

SLeevecity
on 4/12/15 6:23 am

Hi,

Alsolooking for a Mexico surgeon for the summer. There are so many surgeons, hospitals, clinics, etc... Many medical tourism companies are running specials. Not an easy task to choose a surgeon

Kathy7631
on 4/12/15 8:38 pm - Vero Beach, FL

I was doing so much research I thought my brain would explode. Go to all the forums. Communicate with people about their experiences. I narrowed down my list to 4 or 5, wrote down what I wanted/expected in the Dr. & the facility. Then I gave the list to a friend who is a nurse & asked her to do a little research & give me her opinion. She thought Dr. Garcia was the best choice, & that was my first choice also. That made the decision for me.

SLeevecity
on 4/13/15 12:13 am

Yes it is challenging researching the surgeons. I have been gradually decreasing my original list of surgeons.

Dr. Garcia is on my list as are a handful of other surgeons.

i have also been looking into the hospitals and so called clinics. 

Thanks for your advice.

fatinkc
on 4/13/15 1:18 pm

can you tell me if dr Garcia does his surgeries in a clinic setting or a hospital setting  if so what hospital

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 253 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 443 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1625 views