Does anyone have any information on best revision doctors in Mexico

amheather76
on 7/12/15 5:53 pm - Fort Worth, TX

I was banded in 2006 and suffered the typical symptoms for a long time (5+ years) before they resided.  I recently went back in this spring to have it checked because I felt NO restriction at all anymore.. which was weird for me even though it has been 10 years.  I had kept my weightloss off for several years and this spring I gained 45 pounds rapidly. Come to find out the tubing is kinked inside and it is pretty much useless now without surgery.  

Has anybody had revision surgery in Mexico and which doctor do your recommend?  Also, does anyone have any info on complications with this surgery revision?

Thank you in advance for any info.  I never thought I would be dealing with this all again ten years later :(

Chrissy Gallegos
on 7/13/15 12:05 pm
VSG on 03/18/15

Hi and I am sorry about your complication with your band.  While I did not have revision done, I know someone who did and she has had great results.  My VSG surgeon is the one who did it.  His name is Dr. Jorge Maytorena and he is probably one of the best surgeons out there in my opinion.  His prices can't be beat, the care is the highest and his bedside manner is better than that.  

Long Term VSG is the one who facilitates his surgeries and you can find their website here....http://longtermvsg.com/.  

Good luck on your journey.

Chrissy G.

Please follow my VSG blog.......https://chrissygallegos.wordpress.com/ My experience with my VSG 

hollykim
on 7/13/15 5:49 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 12, 2015 at 5:53 PM Pacific Time, amheather76 wrote:

I was banded in 2006 and suffered the typical symptoms for a long time (5+ years) before they resided.  I recently went back in this spring to have it checked because I felt NO restriction at all anymore.. which was weird for me even though it has been 10 years.  I had kept my weightloss off for several years and this spring I gained 45 pounds rapidly. Come to find out the tubing is kinked inside and it is pretty much useless now without surgery.  

Has anybody had revision surgery in Mexico and which doctor do your recommend?  Also, does anyone have any info on complications with this surgery revision?

Thank you in advance for any info.  I never thought I would be dealing with this all again ten years later :(

the only surgeon I would use for a revision is Dr. Ungson. He has been around a long time and it is the experience you are going to want when having surgery in MX.

gsatchell
on 7/13/15 6:48 pm - Deer, AR

I had revision surgery at Mexicali Bariatric in Mexicali, Mexico.  That is also where I got my lapband in 2005.  The experience was perfect in every sense both times (I travelled alone both times!!).

Kiki52
on 7/18/15 3:41 pm

Hi I had my revision surgery with Dr. Jorge Maytorena with Long Term VSG this past July 13 so I'm 6days post op. I had to failed lap bands. I'm feeling great!!! I know how you feel this was my 5th surgery:( I did lose 115lbs with the first band before it slipped.

lookinglass
on 7/21/15 4:46 am - Atlanta, GA

Though I have not had revision surgery, my doctor Dr. Juan Hidalgo in Puerto Vallarta has done many and I know he would be happy to answer any of your questions and get you in touch with some of his patients who have had the surgery.

Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 259 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 446 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1062 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1627 views