Close to Choosing a Dr for my Sleeve

Snowtop
on 7/23/15 12:32 pm - St Petersburg, FL

I have been studying options for a while now and have reduced my options to 3 Doctors. All have seem to have excellent track records.

The one thing I am having trouble with is that is almost impossible to find negative reviews from people that have been to Mexico for Bariatric surgery. As a matter of fact I have trouble finding negative reviews of Doctors in the US on this subject. Do the people that have had issues just not write about it. Seems strange.

I am also curious about facilitators. Are these independent people that work for multiple clinic and Doctors or do they work for a specific clinic? I am contacting clinic now via there websites. Is there a better way to do this?

I have narrowed my search to 3 Doctors. I know there are many more qualified Doctor but you have to start somewhere. I would appreciate any feedback the group could offer.

Dr Fernando Garcia- Great pricing and review.

Dr Ramos Kelly - Not sure about his price yet but again great reviews.

Dr Wilhelmy in Mexicali - Great reviews but I cannot figure out why he seems to be so much more expensive than the others.

Thanks in advance.

Chrissy Gallegos
on 7/24/15 8:06 am
VSG on 03/18/15

There are many great surgeons in Mexico.  I used Long Term VSG and my surgeon was Dr. Jorge Maytorena.  He has years of doing surgery in Mexicali and is now doing them in Tijuana.  It seems the surgeries are cheaper in Tijuana as opposed to Mexicali.  Since Long Term VSG is a relatively new coordinating company, they have a special for the gastric sleeve.  Their price right now is $2999.  I am not sure how long that price will last though.  LT VSG was started by a group of excellent people (from my experience).  I was one of the first to use this company and my results and experience have been great. 

I can't offer feedback on the other surgeons as I didn't use them, but I can tell you that I have not heard anything negative about them either.  Good luck on your journey!!

Chrissy G.

Please follow my VSG blog.......https://chrissygallegos.wordpress.com/ My experience with my VSG 

BebeZed
on 7/29/15 1:11 pm - Bellingham, WA

I don't have any input on Drs. Garcia and Ramos, but I do know that Dr. Wilhelmy in Mexicali is with a quality group (Mexicali Bariatric Center) that also includes my surgeon of choice, Dr. Ungson (I will be having revision to DS in a couple of months). They perform their surgeries in a hospital (Almater Hospital) certified by the Mexican Health Council following standards that are approved by the Joint Commission International (JCI),  rather than a clinic, and recovery is in the hospital rather than a hotel room. They also make sure to use name-brand surgical supplies (such as their staples for the sleeve and DS) where other less expensive surgeons may use generics to lower costs. 

Just my two cents... 

Just my two cents... :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 253 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 443 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1625 views