Anyone have Dr. Jorge Maytorena in Tijuana, Mexico?

woodtouch6
on 7/25/15 10:48 am

I am going in Tuesday and thought I would reach out to anyone that can share their experience.

Chrissy Gallegos
on 7/27/15 9:22 am
VSG on 03/18/15

I had surgery with Dr. M on March 18th.  My experience was great.  I was one of the first to have the surgery done with LT VSG and have been nothing less than ecstatic with my results.  HW 263, SW 244, CW 174 and goal weight 170.  Dr. M and Ruben are great and everyone that I've met that have used them have had great experiences.  :)

Chrissy G.

Please follow my VSG blog.......https://chrissygallegos.wordpress.com/ My experience with my VSG 

beachybikegirl
on 8/3/15 3:08 pm

WOW you have lost 70lbs in 4 months, that is incredible!  Are you drinking mostly protein shakes?  Did you have any stalls?  Any tips, tricks or advice you can give about your success would be awesome.  Congrats on your great success!

RNY on 6/25/15 Height 5.8 HW/SW 247 CW 142 (Normal BMI 21.5) GW 145

Hit my Goal on 5/1/2016 going for more...

Chrissy Gallegos
on 8/3/15 4:35 pm
VSG on 03/18/15
On August 3, 2015 at 3:08 PM Pacific Time, beachybikegirl wrote:

WOW you have lost 70lbs in 4 months, that is incredible!  Are you drinking mostly protein shakes?  Did you have any stalls?  Any tips, tricks or advice you can give about your success would be awesome.  Congrats on your great success!

Hi and thank you for your response.  I am not drinking protein shakes much anymore.  I get most of my protein from solid foods (meat).  I follow a low carb diet like Atkins which seems to work for me.  

The biggest tip is to follow the post op diet and to recognize that there will be many things changing with your eating habits.  Honestly, just accepting the changes is the hardest part but if you can reach that acceptance, you'll have success.  I have had stalls but not serious ones and I believe they were caused by they hypothyroidism.  I will battle that for the rest of my life and again, acceptance of that is the first step.  

I hope this helps.  

Chrissy G.

Please follow my VSG blog.......https://chrissygallegos.wordpress.com/ My experience with my VSG 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 257 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1062 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1627 views