A Lighter Me

Modest_Phoenix
on 8/27/15 5:23 am

Hello,

Can anyone tell me about your experience with Dr. Ortiz with A Lighter Me in TJ, Mexico for the VSG?  I'm doing research but would also like to hear personal experiences.  I'm cross posting this in the Mexico and VSG forums too.

Thanks.

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

Sandra F.
on 8/27/15 5:50 am

I did not go through this company but I have heard good things about it.  If you need any info on my doctor, Fernando Garcia, let me know.  Good luck to you!

Modest_Phoenix
on 8/27/15 7:52 pm

Thank you.

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

TerryF9
on 8/28/15 11:13 pm

I have also heard good things about A Lighter Me I was originally considering them for my surgery. Personally, I preferred using a Doctor that does not perform so many surgeries per day and went with Dr. Mario Camelo. Very happy with both my results and the service I received from my facilitators. Let me know if you need any information, I would be happy to share.

Good luck with your research.

KRS2014
on 8/31/15 8:40 am
with

I contacted A Lighter Me when I was trying to decide on a doctor and found them to be quite pushy. I felt like they just wanted my money and were pushing me to go with them and book right away. I just didn't feel right going with them although I know many people have and they have had great experiences. After a lot of research and contacting several doctors/companies I went with Dr. Alejandro Lopez. He and his staff were amazing and I have no regrets whatsoever. Good luck!

Cheesezrider35
on 2/6/16 12:37 pm

You are a God send! I have been back and forth with A lighter me and Ready 4 a change. I did some research and didn't feel right about Dr. Ortiz. I found Dr. Lopez and for some reason I felt good about him. My friend is going on the 19th of this month to Ortiz. I was going to wait to hear her experience. I wanted to go with Lopez from the start but didn't know anyone hat has used him. What hospital did you have your surgery in?

KRS2014
on 3/1/16 11:35 am
with

How did your friend make out? My surgery was at Mi Hospital but I hear Dr Lopez has a new hospital now that is much nicer.

bariatric_girl
on 10/25/15 5:05 pm
with

I have also done some research. from whta I have found, I thought he was the "real" Dr Ortiz that is from the OCC, he is not the real bariatric surgeon that I thought.

Katb_15
on 10/31/15 1:33 am

I'm going with Dr. Alvarez near eagle pass. The price is $8,500 and that includes the hotel stay. Look his website up, he is the best surgeon I have researched at the best price in Mexico. The hospital he uses is very nice and is only half mile pass the Texas/Mexico border. He only does the sleeve operation 3 times a day monday thru friday so he isn't over whelmed. Good Luck!!

Paiger66
on 11/24/15 10:30 am

I am scheduled for VSG with Dr Ortiz and A Lighter Me in TJ on December 17, 2015.  I know two people personally who have had surgery through this company.  One did a Lapband conversion to VSG two years ago and one was a vsg last year.  

My coordinator is Jenese.  She has answered any question I have had.  I have some unusual metal allergies.  She was very accommodating in helping me to determine the exact metal alloy in the staples used during surgery.  I received a photo of the staples packaging from Dr. Ortiz, so I was able to track down the manufacturer and get the exact metals in the staples.  

Yes, the A Lighter Me staff are sales people.  But, I never felt pushed or pressured.  They did check back in if they didn't hear from me in a while, but they weren't obnoxious about it.

I will follow up after my surgery.  I would have preferred to have my VSG done in the states, but financially it was just not possible.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 253 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 443 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1625 views