Dr Ramos Kelly

Dansweet
on 6/3/16 7:08 pm

Hi, I am looking for people who were sleeved by Dr Kelly at Clinica San Juan. Looking for a basic review. Are you happy that you chose him as your surgeon? Thinking of using him for my sleeve in a couple of months, it has been one of the hardest decisions I have ever made to have wls. Just trying to be sure I am chosing wisely!

galaxygrrl
on 6/4/16 11:01 am

I'm in the middle of picking a surgeon.   And I had decided on Dr. Kelly who seems like a reasonable surgeon.   It's just there are been some odd things that have come up about him.  And I can't tell if they are true or not.

Look at this link and what is says about Dr. Kelly. http://www.mexicoweightlosssurgeons.com/  Ramos Kelly, M.D., has recently been excused from various hospitals in Tijuana, including Florence Hospital.   There were two I found. 

There are a couple threads (not sure where I saw them), that talked a little bit about and for people to call the hospitals and ask the hosiptals why Dr. Kelly was excused.

I don't know the whole story and I'm not here to slander the doctor, but it was enough noise that it made me feel that there are other Drs. in Mexico.

If you want Dr. Kelly, I would find those threads and do more reseasrch.

Dansweet
on 6/5/16 4:41 am

Thanks for your reply, I will look into it further.

Kelly L.
on 6/5/16 9:34 pm

Hi, I was a patient of Dr Kelly's 5 yrs ago and I just loved him!   You can read about my whole experience with him on my profile.   He takes very good of his patients, and I highly recommend him.   Good luck with your decision, and let me know if you have any questions.   Maybe you will get more recent patients responses.

Sandra F.
on 6/6/16 5:51 am

I was close to choosing Dr. Kelly but his coordinator Keith was so rude to me that I went with someone else.  And according to the rude jerk Keith, he had Dr. Kelly's blessing to be rude.  I chose Dr. Fernando Garcia and was very happy with my results.  Good luck to you, whomever you choose.

Dansweet
on 6/6/16 12:24 pm

I have spoken to Heath and he was very friendly to me. It's unfortunate that you had that experience.

galaxygrrl
on 6/10/16 4:38 pm

I would get into this FB group and search on Dr. Kelly.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1581358728774923/

I was ready to sign up with Dr. Kelly and then I read this a few posts in there.    

galaxygrrl
on 6/10/16 4:43 pm

Also find out why he's privileges were revoked at two hospitals.   He has clearly done a lot of successful surgeries, but it's clear to me that something bad happened with Dr. Kelly from the reading forums.   How many and what they were, I don't know. 

I did ask Heath if Dr. Kelly privileges were revoked at any hospitals and he said NO, but I called the MI hospital and they confirmed it he was banned. 

There are a lot of Drs in Mexico. 

ak29
on 8/7/16 9:00 pm
ak29
on 8/7/16 9:02 pm

I spoke to Heath when trying to set things up with Dr Kelly as well. We got way off topic several times and I had to ask for certain info again and again. Can you be more specific about what went wrong with him? Did you ever talk to Dr. Kelly directly? Several ppl have said that talking to Dr. Kelly made it all ok but I found it only made it worse. Feel free to PM me if you're willing to chat but want to keep it private.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 253 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 443 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1625 views