How to choose?

fluffybunny
on 6/16/16 10:21 pm

Well I thought I had it all figured out and booked today but then I saw some negative information about the doc I had wanted to use, and am now trying to find a different option.  

Who did you use?  Why did you choose them?  Are you happy with your decision?  

Any information would be appreciated so I can do my own research on your recommendations.  Thanks so much!

galaxygrrl
on 6/17/16 6:14 pm, edited 6/17/16 11:16 am

This is a tough one.  Isn't it?   I had the same experience.   If you saw negative info, stay away!!!!   There are lots of Drs in Mexico. 

I actually am getting the switch and one Dr kept on coming up again and again and people who seemed to know what they are talking about picked him.   They teach the switch too, so that made me feel better.  I'm paying a premium for that Dr. about 2k more, but I figure, I want the best doctor in MX. 

FWIW, I'm going here. http://mexicalibariatric.com.mx/  and they are one of he best, if not the best in MX from my research, but they are also a litlte more.  For a Sleeve, I would think the are 1k more from what have seen. 

Also, I wrote a long reply to the same question here. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/mexico/6007030/I-have-no-Idea-where-to-start-looking-please-help/

Good luck

Sandra F.
on 6/20/16 5:59 am

I had the same experience back when I was looking.  I had my mind set on someone and then found some devastating info on him and had to switch gears.  I ended up with Dr. Fernando Garcia of Tijuana Bariatrics.  My scars are minimal and all in all, I think he did a great job (I am 18 months out).  Good luck to you, whomever you choose.

fluffybunny
on 6/20/16 9:48 am

Thank you both!  I appreciate it.  Did you feel TJ is safe?  My best friend had a family member kidnapped, held for ransom and killed who went for medical tourism in 2012, and she is freaking out and doesn't want me to go to TJ but is fine with other cities in MX.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1060 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1626 views