Flight?

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/16 8:05 am - MI
WLS on 10/10/16

For the fluffy people who flew in to San Diego... which airline did you use? I have flew with my fiance about a year and a half ago but was okay because we could lift the arm rest between us and didn't mind our squish combining (lol)

I am traveling alone for my surgery, however.. and I am worried about seat size. I will definitely need a seatbelt extender. I may just buy my own to avoid attracting any attention or embarassment. My main concern is seat width. Which flight was the most comfortable for you guys?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Sandra F.
on 8/29/16 6:05 am

Having flown on several different airlines before surgery, I can tell you that they are all uncomfortable.  Sorry for the bad news, but it is what it is.  You may be more comfortable in an aisle seat.  I always asked for an extender when I first boarded, to avoid the people around me knowing about it.  Good luck to you.

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/16 7:25 am - MI
WLS on 10/10/16

Thank you for the details.  It was fairly uncomfortable on my last flight, but what's a couple of hours of discomfort?  I just don't want to have to buy another seat :-/

galaxygrrl
on 9/3/16 8:49 pm

A couple things...

• I just ask quietly for a seat belt extender and the flight attendants are always respectfully, but slipping it to me gracefully.
  • Jet blue has the biggest seats as far as I can tell
  • Before you leave (and check in), call the airline and see if you can get a seat where the middle seat is free

Hope this helps

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/16 3:15 pm - MI
WLS on 10/10/16

Follow up - I went with United, all end seats. I'll get there nice and early for each flight so that I can ask for an extender early on. 

Flights are booked and surgery is scheduled!

cosmocween
on 1/3/17 3:34 pm

Hey Pegs,

How did your surgery go? Would you recommend it? I've been looking into Garcia, but taking it very slow because I am super nervous.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 253 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 443 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1625 views