Anyone have Dr Ismael Carrera Mexico bariatrics?

CElizabeth
on 9/6/16 1:49 pm
VSG on 11/10/16

I'm thinking of going with Mexico Bariatric Center, I want the sleeve. My lap band was removed June 8, 2016. What have you heard about them? Do you have any personal experience with any of the Drs? Did you get pain medicine to take with you when you got out of the hospital?   THANK U, to all who might answer!!

HARRISBURG Pa 

Revision to Gastric Sleeve Nov 10, 2016

Lap band Removed June 2016

Current weight is 172

Surgery Weight was 196

Goal weight aoround 145

galaxygrrl
on 9/6/16 8:38 pm

I don't know anything about your Dr.  Sorry,  I went to Mexicali and the Mexicali Bariactric  Center.   And I would look at them.   I wanted the best Drs and care in Mexico.  I did not want to be stuck in a hotel.  I wanted to be in a hospital. They are a bit more, but for Drs I trusted and and hospital stay, I paid a bit more.

CElizabeth
on 9/6/16 9:05 pm
VSG on 11/10/16

So, u got the sleeve,  did you have the lap band? I Think Good for you! Ok, I have to ask, how much was it?

The Mexican bariatric Center uses a hospital and the Dr Carrera claims to have done 5,000 surgeries. ..so, I think that is a great number. When I asked Dr. Sergio Quinones coordinator she said he's done 1,500 surgeries.  Big difference! 

HARRISBURG Pa 

Revision to Gastric Sleeve Nov 10, 2016

Lap band Removed June 2016

Current weight is 172

Surgery Weight was 196

Goal weight aoround 145

galaxygrrl
on 9/6/16 9:19 pm

I actually got the Duodenal Switch.   And like everyone with it, I'm very excited I got it. I did not want to ever deal with this issue again and the switch has the best long term effect.  Never had a band or anything else.  Yoyoed a lot though

Good luck! 

Sandra F.
on 9/8/16 6:07 am

I used Dr. Fernando Garcia of Tijuana Bariatrics (surgery date was 10/6/14) and I had the sleeve.  I can barely see my scars and my sleeve is definitely still in full effect.  Let me know if you want more info.  Whomever you choose, good luck to you.

Bleman
on 9/10/16 3:45 am
VSG on 05/28/16 with

I used Mexico Bariatric in May of 2016 and had a great experience. Dr Valenzuela was my surgeon and she is one of the best bariatric surgeons you can find. I met friends that used Dr. Carrera and they were also happy.

I can assure you the care was first class. All med incuding take home pain med were provided.

Also, my wife had vsg surgery the year before I did. She had her surgery done in the US. My experience and care at MBC was far superior to the care she received In the US. I'm so glad I went to Mexico.

I would not hesitate.  It's a good place and the surgery has been great for me. Down 80 pounds in 3 months. Off multiple med and enjoying life.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1060 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1626 views