going it alone

jellyopal
on 3/12/04 3:52 am - Central, SC
im going south of the border soon - alone. am i crazy????????? ill be in monterray. if anyone can shed some light on what im in for - id appreciate it. diane.
GrannyLaLa
on 3/13/04 2:02 pm - South,, AR
No matter what type of surgery you have or where you have it at, to me it's not a good ideal to go alone. I think you'd be too tired/sore afterwards and need someone to help you get home. Good luck!
inkchick
on 3/20/04 6:19 am - Saskatoon, Canada
I went from Saskatchewan, Canada to Monterrey for the Lap RNY with Dr Roberto Rumbaut January 27,2004....my only recommendation is that you MUST know some spanish(I did not). WHo are you going to-maybe I can help give some pointers. heather post lap rny jan 27,2004 5'7" 253/215/140
Dinka Doo
on 3/24/04 2:12 am - Medford, OR
I think you shouldn't go alone. It's just not a wise thing to do. You really should have someone there to help you out when you are weak and not up to it. If you don't have someone to go with, hopefully your doctor has set something up like Dr. Aguirre has in that he has made available an apartment with a nurse to visit daily and with all the comforts you need including a kitchen, tv, computer and a driver. That is the only way I would consider doing something like this on my own in the future.... Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1061 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1627 views