Mederma anyone?

Dinka Doo
on 3/26/04 9:17 am - Medford, OR
Anyone using Mederma on their incision scars at all? I just got some last night and was not sure if I should use it this soon or not (over 2 weeks out). The only thing that is still open are the doggone staples, but everything else is healed nicely. I wasn't sure if I should still Betadine the incision line or if I could use the Mederma this soon. I went ahead and tried the Mederma today though. The stupid staple holes are so red and irritated I'm wondering if THEY aren't going to be a worse scar than the actual incision! Dina
Marlene S.
on 3/27/04 5:33 am - Baton Rouge, LA
I still use the Betadine solution everytime I change bandages because I still have some staples and my skin has not closed up completely. Dr. A took out a few March 22. Surgery was March 16. When I came home March 23, my PCP would not take all the staples out on March 24. He only took out a few. He said they were not ready. I went back to see him on March 26 and they were still not ready. He said my stomach muscles were too weak and was afraid that the incision would open. Today is Saturday the 27th and I finally had to have my sister take out a few (about 8) after my shower today because some of the staples were red and itching. Tomorrow we will take out the rest. After I get all of them taken out I will use Vitamin E which is what my doctor here recommends. Not sure if Mederma has Vitamin E. Let me know how you like it and what results you are having.
Dinka Doo
on 3/27/04 5:44 pm - Medford, OR
Yeah, I'm 6 days longer than you and my staples have been red and itchy for awhile now. And they tug and pull and make me feel like I have pincher bugs attached to my abdomen! Dina
lilsneaker
on 3/28/04 6:28 am - Austin, TX
I just had foot surgery, and the doctor's office gave me some stuff for the scar. It's like a silicone gel strip. It's solid but stretchy. I'm supposed to put it on with baindaids at night. It's supposed to help it stay flat. I don't know where to get anymore, but it might be worth investigating. Vicky P.
Deborah P.
on 3/29/04 7:47 am - NY, NY
Wow, I didn't realize everyone was going home with staples. Dr. A took mine all out on March 25 (surgery March 18) and I used the Betadine every day and starting Thursday will use the silicon strip also (not sure which one I'm going to buy) as my husband did this on a nose scar and it was awesome healing. I'm not itchy at all at the scar area and from what I can see, it all looks pretty good.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1060 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1626 views