11 days left

JuliaV
on 3/29/04 2:30 am
Dr. Aguirre will be doing my surgery on April 9. I am getting very nerves is there anything I can do to come my self? Thanks.
Charlotte H.
on 3/29/04 2:44 am - Taylor, TX
I would say just take deep breaths! Seriously, just keep very busy. I was fine during the day, but at night would lie in bed and let my mind go wild. I found that I had to take an over the counter sleep aid to get to sleep at night. I don't know if you're religious, but there are an awful lot of people who will be praying for you and you've got one of the best surgeons in the world for your surgery. Start thinking about the wonderful things you'll be able to do after you lose your weight to take up some of the time!
JuliaV
on 3/29/04 2:58 am
Thank you Charlotte for the support and prayers.
Dinka Doo
on 3/29/04 3:07 am - Medford, OR
Julia - I just prayed and left it up to God and it really really helped. I couldn't believe how calm I was going in - incredible. And knowing how they do things now, I'd be fine again. It's the most painless and relaxing surgery I ever had. I know not everyone has identical experiences, but that was mine. Dina
JuliaV
on 3/29/04 3:21 am
Thank you Dina, Julia
Janice H.
on 3/29/04 5:13 am - dewey, az
Yuliya, I know that as the time draws nearer it is natural to get nervous. But you will be in excellent hands with Dr. A. (You can tell me that when I get closer because I know I'll be feeling the same way). I will be praying for you. God bless, Janice
dannern
on 3/29/04 6:21 am - N. O., la
I think keeping busy is what helps the most. I was so busy with working and getting my house, pets, child together so I could travel. Then there is the actual traveling that you have to do like getting to the airport, catching flights, etc that you hardly have time to think about the surgery at all. Before you know it the day has arrived and you are almost glad to have a rest!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 253 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 443 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1625 views