Water retention!

Dinka Doo
on 4/1/04 2:35 am - Medford, OR
Well, I haven't even weighed this morning because I know I'm going to hate the results. At least until I get rid of some of this water retention. I woke up this morning and the ring that was normally swinging around my finger was stuck there, so for some reason I am retaining water today. I hope to heck I can get rid of it today. I hate that feeling in my legs feet and fingers. Dina
Charlotte H.
on 4/1/04 10:17 pm - Taylor, TX
Dina - are you drinking enough water? Our bodies are funny - when we don't get enough fluids they hang on to what they have. Like when we drop our calorie count too low our bodies hang on to weight to keep us from starving to death (excuse the pun, but in my case dying of starvation at this point is a "fat chance"!) We need to be getting at least 64 oz a day of fluids and preferably more. As hard as it is to do some days, just thinking of it as "flushing the fat" right out of your system. Not enough water = not enough flushing! Charlotte
Dinka Doo
on 4/2/04 5:03 am - Medford, OR
Well, I believe I am getting enough, but it's hard to say. I am thinking I'm going to low-carb it and see if the water rentention will come off. I always lose my water retention when I cut the carbs. Thanks for the info - I will try to up it too! Dina
Joanne V.
on 4/2/04 8:20 am - Lexington, MS
Dina - I have trouble with this off and on. I have a few 25 mg HCTZ, they really help. I am hoarding them and only take one when rings are really tight, because I am not sure what reason I would give to ask for some more. I don't think it is a dangerous drug, though, and I will beg for some more when I am totally out. But also I want to say to you, please go a little easier on yourself. It will start coming off again. I have experienced many stalls, but I am still so happy with where I am 9 months out. -- Jody
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 273 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 458 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1067 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1633 views