I have a date!!!!

Nancy P.
on 4/6/04 9:34 am - Salem, OR
I have a surgery date with DR. Aguirre on Apr. 29th, Now I'm getting a little nervous. More concerned with how things will be after I return home. I plan on staying in MX for 10 days following my surgery, just in case. I want to thank everyone for there help in getting me headed the right direction. Nancy
DiannasaurusRex
on 4/6/04 2:40 pm - West, FL
Congratulations Don't be too fabulous - you'll make me look bad when I'm there on the 13th! (kidding!) Dianna
Dinka Doo
on 4/6/04 3:03 pm - Medford, OR
Nancy - You might want to reconsider how long you will be in Mexico after surgery. Unless you look at this like a vacation, I wouldn't stay that long simply because you really won't need to unless something comes up. Generally 1 week is long enough. That is about the time frame when you get your g-tube out and some staples out. I felt just fine on the plane trip home too. We went home exactly 1 week from my surgery date. I know many people who went home just a few days after surgery. I wanted that buffer, but had I had a doctor that would remove the tube here, I would have come home early. I felt fine - just homesick. Are you taking someone with you? If not, you might try to do that if possible. You really should have someone to help you out....at least initially. Also there are the apartments if you aren't already aware of them. Dina
Nancy P.
on 4/8/04 12:41 pm - Salem, OR
Dina, Thanks for the information. I do like to vacation and we have rented a house for 2 weeks, my husband is going with me and maybe even my daughter. I also have friends who live in San Diego who will be down there from time to time. No time to get home sick, just hope I'm not SICK. I have also contacted my PCP and he will take care of any follow up if I need any, hope not. Keep good thoughts. Nancy
Dinka Doo
on 4/8/04 1:06 pm - Medford, OR
Nancy - I almost decided on a beach house but thought since I didn't know the area and I wouldn't have access to a car it was best to just stay at the hotel. It's really neat that the whole family is going down - I hope you have a great time (and YES I can say that because most patients do in spite of the surgery!). Dina
JuliaV
on 4/6/04 10:17 pm
Congratulations on your date it looks like we are April girls. Good Luck!
Janice H.
on 4/7/04 12:31 am - dewey, az
Nancy, Congratulations on getting a date. My date is the 27th so I will get to meet you. You will be having surgery the day I get out of the hospital. Where are you staying? I am going to be staying in one of the apartments that Rosella has. I will be keeping you in prayer. Janice
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 273 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 458 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1067 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1633 views