Recipe: Marie Callender knockoff of Artichoke Chicken

Dinka Doo
on 5/2/04 1:33 am - Medford, OR
I needed to eat last night and although I didn't want to cook, I realized I needed to just do it. This actually took hardly any time at all. It reminds me of the Artichoke chicken dish at Marie Callender's, but I didn't put any artichokes or mushrooms in it last night. You could add them or not - whatever your preference. Here is my recipe... 1 chicken breast (roughly 4 oz) chicken boullion sprinkles (for seasoning) chopped onion - couple tablespoons Pesto - about 1 tbsp water cream cheese - about 1 oz or less. (Might try FF Philly but didn't have it on hand last night. Although I didn't eat much so it probably doesn't matter) If you like, add artichoke hearts and canned mushrooms broccoli spears - well cooked w/salt and drained. Put Pam spray in pan and add onion and sprinkle in a little chicken boullion for flavor. Coo****il translucent then add chicken breast (I used frozen). Add a couple tablespoons of water and and pesto and simmer, turning breast as it cooks. If you use artichoke hearts and mushrooms, add them now. Add more water if needed. When chicken breast is cooked through (try not to overcook...spear it if you have to), add cream cheese. Let it melt into the onion and pesto mixture and stir well. Place broccoli on your plate, place chicken breast over that and pour sauce over breast and off to side of plate (not getting too much on the broccoli). It was so delectible and tasted almost identical to the Marie Callender's dish. Having it with tender broccoli was quite the treat also. For the record, 1 breast is about 25-29 grams of protein. The broccoli for me just goes right through as it compacts to almost nothing, and I didn't need to eat all the sauce that came out in the mix, but the little bit that was on there really gave it that punch it needed. Dina
pinkpetunias
on 5/2/04 2:52 am - Duvall, WA
Okay, I think just maybe I will have to cook tonight. I live alone, sorry I have two Pugs, so I don't usually cook but that sounds rather tasty so I will have to dust off the ole pots and pans and get in the kitchen. It will get me back to my womanly roots. One of my students said on Friday that, "Women are only good for three things; cooking, washing and having babies." He didn't even mention the sex part. If parents only realized that their kids repeat everything they say!!!!!! Anyway, love ya! TaTa
Dinka Doo
on 5/2/04 6:53 am - Medford, OR
Well, I'm the same way to a degree. I do like to cook but I just don't do it much. I hate cleaning up the mess! But this was really quick and easy, so I might do it again for dinner tonight. Dina
Janice H.
on 5/2/04 9:14 am - dewey, az
I printed off the recipe and will make it when I can eat chicken. It sounds wonderful.
Dinka Doo
on 5/3/04 12:37 am - Medford, OR
Hope you like it! Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 278 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 462 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1071 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?