slipped band

christie B.
on 11/9/04 12:40 am - easton, WA
Can anyone out there tell me what a slipped band feels like - or how you would know if your band has slipped. thanks christie
chunkable
on 11/11/04 1:20 am - federal way, wa
My band slipped in April and I had to have surgery to repair it and now I have a leak in my band. Im planning on having my band removed and converting to the gastric bypass in mexico. To tell you the truth the only reason I found out something was wrong was I was throwing up a lot and then at night would get really bad acid reflux and my acid reflux went away when I first got my band so i knew something was wrong when I would wake up in the middle of the night choking on the acid in my throat. It was horrible. What symptoms are you having? Im in seattle by the way not very far from you.. Cindy
christie B.
on 11/11/04 4:18 am - easton, WA
Hi Cindy Thanks for writing back. I started having problems on monday after I had a little lunch. I felt like it "got stuck" and it was not that big of a deal. However this was about 1:30 in the afternoon and at 7:00pm I still had that stuck feeling. I finally threw up at about 7:30 but it didn't really relieve the pressure in my stomach. I was very uncomfortable all night and and finally threw up around 2:00 am again - no lunch just clear fluids. this did releive the pressure on my stomach but i still had heart burn sooooo bad it was very hard to tolerate. Tuesday morning I went to work and still felt pretty yukky and ate some tums off and on all day. I had to pick my husband up at the airport tues night and stopped and got some pepcid and that did seem to back the heart burn off. OK now on Tuesday I did not eat anything but 2 bites of yogart and I had to make myself eat that. Tuesday night I took some liquid ibiprophen and I didn't even make it back to the bed before that exitted the old body. yesterday I was just totally wiped. I did have some heart burn - but not as severe as it was the day before. I took it easy yesterday and still had no desire to eat anything but I did eat about 4 tablespoons of chicken noodle soup broth and about 1/4 of a ice cream sandwich and that stayed down ok but did cause some burning in my stomach. I have never really had much heartburn before - and the only time since my banding has been when I have done something dumb - too much - too fast. Now today i feel consideraly better, but I havent eaten much in the last 2 or 3 days. now this morning i had about 1/4 of an egg and 1/4 pce of bacon and still don't want any thing else. however i still have a little heart burn and it is still a little uncomfortable to even drink water. oh yea another thing that has been happening since Monday is that I have the hiccups alot. now there is a good chance that i just have a case of the stomach flu!! Maybe I am being overly cautious but with by band being fairly new (08-19-04) and a fill (10/02/04) but i just don't know. please let me know what you think. thanks christe
chunkable
on 11/11/04 5:27 am - federal way, wa
hey there, I think maybe your fill might be a little too tight?? How much of a fill did they give you since this is your first fill sometimes that can make you have the acid and make you feel like you can eat so little. If your having any heartburn and throwing up you want to be really careful with that because my throwing up is what caused my band to slip. I had a fill that seemed okay for over a month and then one day i couldn't even swallow water.. It was just too much. You can email me at work my email is [email protected]. I can reply to you faster there since Im not online all day on here.. I would call your doctor and check with him. He might tell you to get an unfill for a little while and see if that helps.. Cindy
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/04 2:55 am - Houston, TX
Cindy, I noticed you had surgery with the same doctor that is doing mine next week. Were you unhappy with his performance, or do you think you were just in the small percentage of people who had a bad outcome? I'm getting more and more nervous as my date gets closer. Although, this is the first bad experience I've ever heard of anyone having with him. Let me know what you think. THanks, Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 253 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 443 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1625 views